Early indication of schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Beeptoot

Early indication of schools

Post by Beeptoot »

Is it possible to have any early indication ( ie. Before March 1st ) about which schools children will be allocated .

So is it possible to find out if AGGS will offer out to any given distance etc .

Is it possible to have any early indications ......I suppose not but just thought I would ask
ToadMum

Re: Early indication of schools

Post by ToadMum »

Beeptoot wrote:Is it possible to have any early indication ( ie. Before March 1st ) about which schools children will be allocated .

So is it possible to find out if AGGS will offer out to any given distance etc .

Is it possible to have any early indications ......I suppose not but just thought I would ask
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 19_Dec.pdf

Offering a place

2.23 Where schools are oversubscribed, admission authorities must rank applications in accordance with their determined arrangements. The qualifying scheme must ensure that:
a) only one offer per child is made by the local authority;
b) for secondary school applications, all offers must be made on the same secondary National Offer Day i.e.1 March or the next working day, and
c) for primary school applications, all offers must be made on the same primary National Offer Day i.e. 16 April or the next working day.

The bits in bold in the Admissions Code indicate that they are mandatory.

So the answer to your question, I'm afraid, is, not unless somebody somewhere in the process is willing to break the law.

Unless your DC has an EHCP which names the school, but then you would have applied through a different process anyway.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now