NLCS Interview 2020

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ShaBi

NLCS Interview 2020

Post by ShaBi »

Hello all...have anyone's daughters been to the NLCS interview yet? just trying to figure out to see what's the format is like this year and i'm told they keep changing it every year. We are preparing her at home hence full of nerves wondering if we are going in right track...would greatly appreciate your tips. TIA. x
scary mum

Re: NLCS Interview 2020

Post by scary mum »

I'm not sure that people you are in competition with will want to give you hints & tips!
scary mum
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

Well I'm not in competition with you. My daughter had her interview 3 years ago and it was mostly academic. Back then they had academic scholarships so the interview was more of an oral test. A little bit of where else did you apply but not much. A couple of maths puzzle questions and I think she read a passage as well. Good luck and well done to your daughter for getting this far!
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

Hello, we did the interview last year, I appreciate how stressful the process is, so I am happy to help. It’s mostly a general conversation to find out about your daughters likes and dislikes, hobbies and family. What does she like to do in her spare time and any questions your daughter may have. They asked my daughter to do a
Maths problem last year too.
ShaBi

Post by ShaBi »

nylon14 wrote:Well I'm not in competition with you. My daughter had her interview 3 years ago and it was mostly academic. Back then they had academic scholarships so the interview was more of an oral test. A little bit of where else did you apply but not much. A couple of maths puzzle questions and I think she read a passage as well. Good luck and well done to your daughter for getting this far!
Many thanks for the information, gives an idea now! I shall get her to practise some logic puzzles. Thanks once again. Xx
ShaBi

Post by ShaBi »

nylon14 wrote:Well I'm not in competition with you. My daughter had her interview 3 years ago and it was mostly academic. Back then they had academic scholarships so the interview was more of an oral test. A little bit of where else did you apply but not much. A couple of maths puzzle questions and I think she read a passage as well. Good luck and well done to your daughter for getting this far!
Many thanks for the information, gives an idea now! I shall get her to practise some logic puzzles. Thanks once again. Xx
ShaBi

Post by ShaBi »

ShaBi

Post by ShaBi »

Earningaplace wrote:Hello, we did the interview last year, I appreciate how stressful the process is, so I am happy to help. It’s mostly a general conversation to find out about your daughters likes and dislikes, hobbies and family. What does she like to do in her spare time and any questions your daughter may have. They asked my daughter to do a
Maths problem last year too.
Thank you for your understanding, it is indeed very daunting preparing a 10+ for an interview. Thank you much though for the information.
ShaBi

Post by ShaBi »

scary mum wrote:I'm not sure that people you are in competition with will want to give you hints & tips!
If you had read my post clearly, i have only asked an idea about the interview format and not the interview questions!! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now