11+ score/SATs results

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Balfron

11+ score/SATs results

Post by Balfron »

Does anyone know how Queens/Parmiter’s use the 11+ score and the SATs results once the children start?
I know there’s no ability streaming at Parmiter’s in Y7 but am curious about how progress is measured. What tests do they do on entry?
watfordmum2018

Re: 11+ score/SATs results

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Parmiter's do CAT testing in late June. They are used to equalise the forms. From what I remember they are also used to set their year 7 targets.
Claired25

Post by Claired25 »

My ds started Queens this September. As far as I am aware, they don’t use SATs scores and the 11+ are only used for admissions. He started Maths with his form and then did an assessment mid October. They were then streamed using the results of this assessment. All other classes are not streamed.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Schools use SATs scores to predict grades for GCSE and to measure progress
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

watfordmum2018 wrote:Parmiter's do CAT testing in late June. They are used to equalise the forms. From what I remember they are also used to set their year 7 targets.
I should have clarified, the Parmiter's CAT tests are in late June of year 6, so before the term of entry.
Balfron

Post by Balfron »

Interesting replies, thank you. I recall the Parmiter’s HT explaining how they don’t let anyone ‘slip’. I was curious too about how the 11+ cohort are ‘monitored’ in comparison to the rest of the intake. I could/should just ask the school but am always interested in how the data is treated.
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Balfron wrote:Interesting replies, thank you. I recall the Parmiter’s HT explaining how they don’t let anyone ‘slip’. I was curious too about how the 11+ cohort are ‘monitored’ in comparison to the rest of the intake. I could/should just ask the school but am always interested in how the data is treated.
I haven't asked about it and it's not something the school appears to focus on (although they may have stats they follow for themselves). I know all the academic entry pupils are all split among the 8 intake classes. The kids sometimes ask each other if they got in via the academic route, and so the only information I have is when the kids talk about it amongst themselves and my daughter tells me in conversation. Many of the kids who got in on distance or sibling also studied for the 11 plus test and so the ones who got in via the academic route may not necessarily be doing better than others. From what my daughter says there is a mix the top set for maths. It would be interesting to know the statistics of how they fair over the years. I would be curious to know but what's important to me is my daughter is doing really well and loving the school.
Balfron

Post by Balfron »

Thank you. Really appreciate the insights and am glad it’s all positive!
2g2c

Post by 2g2c »

Parmiter's CAT's test for successful Year 6 is usually the first Saturday following the easter holidays (this year its Saturday 25th April).
Results are never published to parents or pupils, however one teacher did let slip to my DD in Yr 11 that she was an 'A grade' pupil based on her CATs test, i.e. expected to do well in GCSE's. She did do well with the majority A or above so guess there's something in it.
Balfron

Post by Balfron »

Thank you very much that’s interesting and helpful about the date.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now