4 weeks and counting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Charlize99

4 weeks and counting

Post by Charlize99 »

It’s been very quiet on here - today marks 4 weeks to go before we find out about school places. Anyone know why we didn’t find out the same time Birmingham did?
hermanmunster

Re: 4 weeks and counting

Post by hermanmunster »

No-one finds out until allocation day - some people can work out whether they will get a place (if you live v near school etc ) but otherwise everyone finds out on the same day
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:No-one finds out until allocation day - some people can work out whether they will get a place (if you live v near school etc ) but otherwise everyone finds out on the same day
Actually, I seem to remember that there used to be one LA somewhere in the Midlands(?) which felt that perhaps the Admissions Code applied less to it than to others, which would notify parents the day before?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Solihull releases the e-mails / updates website the evening before, this was useful in that it gave some idea as to the range of cutoffs for the KE schools as quite a few DC from Solihull applied.

Won't be as relevant this time as the KE system has changed - though we might some high scores for OOC children who get places, however might give some idea as to the rest of Warwickshire allocations
Charlize99

Post by Charlize99 »

Unfortunately for my ds I will have to break the news that he will probably not get not get into his first choice of KES as he was 2 marks of last years AQS. Even more so now knowing that the AQS will probably increase a few points. I wonder if should go to appeal - he's had a tough year dealing with health issues - i know it was because of these health issues that he probably didn't perform as well as he could have.
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

Charlize99 wrote:Unfortunately for my ds I will have to break the news that he will probably not get not get into his first choice of KES as he was 2 marks of last years AQS. Even more so now knowing that the AQS will probably increase a few points. I wonder if should go to appeal - he's had a tough year dealing with health issues - i know it was because of these health issues that he probably didn't perform as well as he could have.
It’s not necessarily going to go up a few points Charlize99. See my post on numbers sitting this year (for Southern priority area). Less children in S. priority sat the exam compared to previous years. Overall numbers sitting also hasn’t really increased.

My post is on page 11 of ‘Warwickshire 11+ results 2020 entry’ - I found the information on FOI disclosure log.
jimbobjoe321

Post by jimbobjoe321 »

Dremma wrote:
Charlize99 wrote:Unfortunately for my ds I will have to break the news that he will probably not get not get into his first choice of KES as he was 2 marks of last years AQS. Even more so now knowing that the AQS will probably increase a few points. I wonder if should go to appeal - he's had a tough year dealing with health issues - i know it was because of these health issues that he probably didn't perform as well as he could have.
It’s not necessarily going to go up a few points Charlize99. See my post on numbers sitting this year (for Southern priority area). Less children in S. priority sat the exam compared to previous years. Overall numbers sitting also hasn’t really increased.

My post is on page 11 of ‘Warwickshire 11+ results 2020 entry’ - I found the information on FOI disclosure log.
what is FOI?
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

FOI is freedom of Information
https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freedomofinformation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow this link then click on ‘access to information ‘
Then follow link to online disclosure log.
If you search for ‘grammar’ lots of entries will come up - I think it’s one dated 2/1/2020
jimbobjoe321

Post by jimbobjoe321 »

Dremma wrote:FOI is freedom of Information
https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freedomofinformation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow this link then click on ‘access to information ‘
Then follow link to online disclosure log.
If you search for ‘grammar’ lots of entries will come up - I think it’s one dated 2/1/2020
Thanks for sharing this. I found another interesting excel datasheet. Warwickshire County Council - Freedom of Information request: 5088444.
SaysMiss

Post by SaysMiss »

I feel a bit sick.

Sone was just under last year's AQS for AGS so hopeful may get a place eventually from the waiting list but it's all so uncertain :|
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now