Queens School-Sibling Rule

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sindhu_janan

Queens School-Sibling Rule

Post by sindhu_janan »

Dear Parents,

My lil one is in Year 5 now, So will be giving 11plus ,this Sep2020.
My elder one is in Queens School Year 9 now, So will be in Year10,Sep 2020.
I want to know how sibling rule works. what is the scope of my lil one to get in queens school.
Also how the school knows about sibling, if they donot have SIF form.
Cheers
ToadMum

Re: Queens School-Sibling Rule

Post by ToadMum »

sindhu_janan wrote:Dear Parents,

My lil one is in Year 5 now, So will be giving 11plus ,this Sep2020.
My elder one is in Queens School Year 9 now, So will be in Year10,Sep 2020.
I want to know how sibling rule works. what is the scope of my lil one to get in queens school.
Also how the school knows about sibling, if they donot have SIF form.
Cheers
I have just posted a response to thos on another thread...

The admissions policy for 2021 entry must be determined by the end of this month, so should be on the school's and the LA's website at some point after that.

If the school wanted to make a significant change, such as altering its rule on the ranking of siblings, then it would have had to undertake a public consultation on the proposed policy. If there is no mention of a consultation on the school's website and the school currently gives preference to siblings, then you can assume that the policy for 2021 entry will be the same as that for 2020 entry, which should be on the website at the moment.

In general, for an applicant to count officially as a 'sibling', there must be a reasonable expectation that the older DC will still be on roll when the applicant starts.

The Essex CAF has a section for stating the name, DoB and current school of the DC to whom you are claiming a sibling link for the current applicant. Yours may have this as well? Own admissions authority schools also have to go through the ranked list of DC to whom the LA will offer places on itheir behalf, to check that the ranking has been done correctly - the school will check that siblings are actually on roll.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
spanner

Re: Queens School-Sibling Rule

Post by spanner »

Queens has a sibling policy so as long as your older child is still at the school when you apply then you will be guaranteed a place. If this is your first choice then there would be no need to sit the consortium exam.