Ribston Hall 2020 Y7

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Phoenix-Mum

Ribston Hall 2020 Y7

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

In anticipation of school allocations next month, I have created a group for those with girls starting Ribston in Y7 this September
This forum has been a huge help during the 11+ journey so I'm hoping to create a similar group to help each other along this new Secondary school journey!
I know with my daughters ranking she has a 99.9% chance of a place, if you have chosen Ribston as first choice and you are confident in your rank feel free to join before allocation day

Search for:
Ribston Hall High School Y7 Parents Group 2020-2021
Last edited by Phoenix-Mum on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choccy74

Re: Ribston Hall 2020 Y7 Parents Facebook Group

Post by Choccy74 »

I'm hoping I'll be able to join you in 26 days time...my DD ranked in the 520s for Ribston so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for allocation day!
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

Choccy74 wrote:I'm hoping I'll be able to join you in 26 days time...my DD ranked in the 520s for Ribston so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for allocation day!
Oooh fingers crossed for you!
poppy101

Post by poppy101 »

I am sure your daughter will get in Choccy. My daughter decided afterwards that Ribston wasn't for her. She got really upset with the dance theme at Ribston and didn't want to spend her school time at Ribston doing dance. Never mind. Good luck to all that get in to Ribston.
poppy101

Post by poppy101 »

I am sure your daughter will get in Choccy. My daughter decided afterwards that Ribston wasn't for her. She got really upset with the dance theme at Ribston and didn't want to spend her school time at Ribston doing dance. Never mind. Good luck to all that get in to Ribston.
Choccy74

Post by Choccy74 »

Thanks Poppy :-)

I was pleased to hear the Ribston Head talking about the focus on STEM subjects in her speech; while my DD likes dancing, it's not her forte!
jearund

Post by jearund »

You'll also be pleased to hear that Ribston has just got the funding to build a new 6-lab science block - we got an email from the Head today. They were one of only 6 successful schools out of 25 bidding for the money: https://www.tes.com/news/revealed-six-g ... ead-expand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Skip

Post by Skip »

Don’t worry about the dance thing. My DD is in Y7 and a complete tomboy. She has no interest in dance but the girls have a good laugh doing it. Girls who really like it can do the clubs etc. No different to girls who don’t like history or maths. It’s just another lesson. They can’t all be the favourite lesson.
Choccy74

Post by Choccy74 »

jearund - thanks, that's brilliant news; our local comp has a new science block which my dd LOVED when we went to look around last year.

Skip - thank you for the reassurance, I had visions of all the other girls being experts at ballet or tap and doing amazing routines :-)
jearund

Post by jearund »

I echo what Skip said. The difference with Ribston is simply that dance is on the curriculum, along with all the other subjects, and is a GCSE option. There is also a dance club - can't remember if that's lunchtime or after school. My DD did that in Year 7 but is more interested in the Cheer club which is after school. I don't think any of the other grammars do Cheer but I may be wrong.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now