Highgate Reserve List - does anyone get a place from it?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

N12Mum

Highgate Reserve List - does anyone get a place from it?

Post by N12Mum »

Hi wise people
My dd has been put on the reserve list for Highgate which is her top choice. Does anyone know how likely it is they even go to waitlist? I want to manage her expectations when I tell her as she will be disappointed and I don't want her to hope if it's never likely to happen.
Thanks
Hopingforsuccess

Re: Highgate Reserve List - does anyone get a place from it?

Post by Hopingforsuccess »

I asked a similar question for a different school as we are in the similar position. The advice I was given was to email the school and let them know that they were our first choice and we will take the space as soon as it is available. I have already done this and hoping for the best.

Good luck to you.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Just looking back over previous posts, there was a bit of a discussion about this a few years ago https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... ve#p496711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously this was a few years ago and things may have changed but seems like they were over offering in the first place and didn't always get to the reserve list. Suspect might be a good idea to contact the school to discuss
N12Mum

Post by N12Mum »

Thank you..super helpful. I have been in touch and told them they are our first choice and will wait to hear back. What a stressful process this is!
FortniteF

Post by FortniteF »

I wish you good luck.
We wont be taking up our Highgate offer, so that helps with one place.

However, if I may caution you, there are only 75 places available and the school had sent out ‘considerably more offers’. Please don't share this with your child, but FYI to manage your expectations.

Hope it works out for your family!
N12Mum

Post by N12Mum »

Thank you, that's very kind of you and great to release the place so quickly. Luckily her 2nd choice has offered a place so it will be OK whatever happens although we would definitely take Highgate over anywhere else if it comes up so fingers crossed.
Will be so glad when this is all over.
LONNOR

Post by LONNOR »

We wont be taking up our Highgate offer, several other friends will not neither. Hope it helps
no_stress

Post by no_stress »

I know a girl who was offered Highgate off the 11+ reserve list last year, so yes they do. Can change from year to year of course.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

no_stress wrote:I know a girl who was offered Highgate off the 11+ reserve list last year, so yes they do. Can change from year to year of course.

that is good news - seems silly of them to have a reserve list and get people's hopes up if they never actually offer from it