School places, September 2020 start

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JollyBean

School places, September 2020 start

Post by JollyBean »

Hi all. Well, it feels like it’s been a long wait since the 11+ results were released in October, but it’s only a few weeks now until we finally find out which school our child has been allocated !
Which school is everyone hoping for ? My child got just over 230, & we put SCGSG as 1st choice.
With the new catchment area & PP rules this year though, we have no idea if that score will be enough, but you can but try :?
thirdtimemum

Re: School places, September 2020 start

Post by thirdtimemum »

Hi JollyBean.
Is it me or has February been a very long month? I'm hoping this time 2 weeks we may know a little more. Solihull have historically released their emails a little earlier than others so can give a bit of an idea.
Are you Birmingham? What is your catchment school?
We are hoping for Bvgs. My eldest attends and even though my youngest got a higher score than his brother I'm not feeling hopeful with everyone else now placing it on their preferences.
As we are 300 yards out of Birmingham we have no guarantees. This year will certainly be interesting...
JollyBean

Post by JollyBean »

Hi Thirdtimemum. It has been a long wait !
Yes, in Birmingham. I think our results are supposed to be released on the 1st/2nd of March.
Good luck with getting your youngest into BVGS !
It IS frustrating this year as I suspect BVGS & SCGSG will both have extra applicants due to other grammars bringing in the catchment area rule.
Nothing we can do now but wait. Just want to know the outcome now, so we can just accept whichever school we get allocated & get on with things !
anjan

Post by anjan »

Hi,

Today I have received an automated email from Birmingham city council about the process of offer letters/emails. Please check your emails.

Regards,
Anjan.
JM40

Post by JM40 »

This last week is really going to drag...
Hoping for OOC place at CHG. 2nd choice is Handsworth, which we are in catchment for.
Good luck everyone!
khanji17

Post by khanji17 »

My DD got 251, our first choice is SCGSG as my older one goes there too, we only put on Grammar schools as school choices and we're not in any catchment area neither PP :D

Just hoping that sibling card will work for Sutton girls, thought of coming to the forums today to be reassured I'm not the only one waiting desperately to get the letter. Its been a long wait. :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

khanji17 wrote:My DD got 251, our first choice is SCGSG as my older one goes there too, we only put on Grammar schools as school choices and we're not in any catchment area neither PP :D

Just hoping that sibling card will work for Sutton girls, thought of coming to the forums today to be reassured I'm not the only one waiting desperately to get the letter. Its been a long wait. :roll:
Unfortunately no sibling priority for SCGSG :shock: - hope you get some good news next week though
JustmeUK

Post by JustmeUK »

Good luck all and hope everyone gets a first choice place.

Assuming the system doesn't foul up then DD should be in CHG as we're half a mile away and she's well over the 222 required!
JollyBean

Post by JollyBean »

Thanks Anjan!

Good luck everyone.
anjan

Post by anjan »

5 days to go..... Hoping for KEFW as a first choice with score of 261.

All the best everyone.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now