Bennetts service from Cheltenham to STR and DR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jearund

Bennetts service from Cheltenham to STR and DR

Post by jearund »

Bennetts run a bus (I think it's the DR1) from Cheltenham to STR and Denmark Road (actually I think it originates in Bishops Cleeve). The website no longer lists the cost, but I think it's around £1250 for the year. Can anyone confirm the exact price? I'm not ready to apply yet until we've actually been offered the place but am planning ahead. Thanks.
ToadMum

Re: Bennetts service from Cheltenham to STR and DR

Post by ToadMum »

That's a huge amount of money for a very inflexible bus service :shock:. Doesn't a Stagecoach or whatever service go anywhere near?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jearund

Post by jearund »

Yes but not direct - and the bus stop for Bennetts is easy walking distance from our house. Our daughter gets the Bennetts bus to Ribston (same sort of price) but wants to change to Stagecoach in September. She will have to leave the house around 30 minutes earlier and change buses twice, but it will make it easier if she wants to stay after school for a club. It will be cheaper - £18 a week which over the school year is around £700. DS will get the Bennetts bus with his 2 friends from primary who will also be at STR (they were all Top 150 so we assume they will all get places). I know it's a lot of money. We drove DD to Ribston the first year to avoid this but between the long commute there and back and the petrol, we gave in this year and booked her on the bus!

Edited to correct auto correct typo!
Last edited by jearund on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lrh76

Post by Lrh76 »

On the info i have last year the bus was £1140 if you paid as an annual payment or about £100 more if you pay monthly. I think you pay £100 deposit and then the rest from August.
jearund

Post by jearund »

Perfect - that's actually less than I thought (unless it goes up this year). Thanks for posting.
Lrh76

Post by Lrh76 »

That’s ok, hopefully my son should see yours on the bus!
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

If you go on to the Bennets website and select the school and starting point. Click "register a new student", it will take you to the next page where you would fill out name and address etc. Ignore that and scroll down. At the bottom it will give you this price, with options of paying over 9 months etc.
jearund

Post by jearund »

Thank you Glos18! I can see it now. The price comes up when you click on the payment method. Looks like it's gone up from when Llrh76 used it though - £1200 including the £105 deposit (or £1320 if you opt for the 9 payments).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now