STAHS V HABS AND KIDS IN NWLONDON/ARKLEY/BARNET/STANMORE/ETC

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Emma6362

STAHS V HABS AND KIDS IN NWLONDON/ARKLEY/BARNET/STANMORE/ETC

Post by Emma6362 »

Hi

We are very keen on St Alban's over Habs because we feel it is a better fit for a variety of reasons but we are undecided because we aren't in the St Alban's area although there are coaches all around our area and beyond. So, my question is please, are there any kids accepting St Alban's High School for Girls in the Whetstone, Cockfosters, Barnet, Arkley, Radlett, Mill Hill, Totteridge, Stanmore areas? Just want my daughter to have some local friends!

Thanks so much - feel free to PM if you prefer.
Daogroupie

Re: STAHS V HABS AND KIDS IN NWLONDON/ARKLEY/BARNET/STANMORE

Post by Daogroupie »

She will.

That is why there are coaches from all the areas around you. Because there are lots of girls on those coaches heading for St Albans every day.

I know girls in the school from those areas and more girls from current Y6 joining like you in September.

St Albans is a very popular schools for girls from North London.

Have you had the offer day?

Perhaps you could ask to meet a current student from North London at the offer day? DG
Emma6362

Post by Emma6362 »

Yes, thanks we have just returned from the offers' morning, we love the school, its nurturing ethos that sits alongside its high-quality academic achievements. Both impress us and we do know of kids in older years in our area but would be keen to find other kids definitely accepting who live nearby.

Thank you.
Melannie

Post by Melannie »

Hi Emma6362

My DD will be going this year too. We're from N12 and will likely get the coach from either the Orange Tree or Waitrose in Whetstone once all the coach timetable documentation etc is finalised
Emma6362

Post by Emma6362 »

Oh we are 5 minutes from you! That’s good to know. If there are a few of us locally be nice to meet up with girls nearer the time

Thank you
Dad of Three

Post by Dad of Three »

Hi,

We have accepted a place at STAHS. We are based in New Barnet, and will be using the coach service.

Seems as though there are others nearby who are also accepting, and maybe we could arrange for our DS's to meet up? Would be good for DS to know some local people, and maybe buddy up when using the coach
Emma6362

Post by Emma6362 »

Hi - thank you for your note, is this for the boys' school or the girls' school?
Dad of Three

Post by Dad of Three »

For the girls school. Sorry, my mistake I wrote DS instead of DD!!
Emma6362

Post by Emma6362 »

Ah great - I've PM'd you
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

STAHS is known as the High School to distinguish it from STAGS, which is the state school St Albans Girls School.

The boys school is known as St Albans boys or just ST Albans as it was the original school and there is no state school in St Albans called St Albans boys, the state boys school is called Verulam. DG