7 days and counting!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stateschooled

7 days and counting!

Post by Stateschooled »

I’m feeling extremely nervous! This is our first 11 plus journey and it’s now getting closer to judgement day. My DS keeps asking when the school allocation is decided and whilst he would be okay with our second choice (local comp), he really wants to go to the local grammar school. I am aware that many parents and children were upset last year as the guidance data sheet was well out. Some children expecting to get in were let down on the 1st March. I do think that standardisation had a major impact, but can’t help thinking that this year may have surprises too. How is everyone else feeling? Surely I can’t be the only nervous one. Are the results released at 12:01am on the 2nd March? Sadly, I will be one of those parents online checking.
kenyancowgirl

Re: 7 days and counting!

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If children "expect to get in" then I am afriad that is down to parents mismanaging their child's expectations.... There is absolutely NO guarantees, even if you score well over the last years cut off - as you don't know all the permeatations. With both our boys, (even though they sat at a time when we were also given their exact rank, so knew they were 100% in to the school of their choice) we never said they were definitely in.

I wouldn't wait up till midnight - unless you ahve been told that is when they will release them - usually the emails are sent during office hours (in our area!) Use the time now to "big up" your second choice and how pleased you will be if he goes there etc.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Stateschooled wrote:I’m feeling extremely nervous! This is our first 11 plus journey and it’s now getting closer to judgement day. My DS keeps asking when the school allocation is decided and whilst he would be okay with our second choice (local comp), he really wants to go to the local grammar school. I am aware that many parents and children were upset last year as the guidance data sheet was well out. Some children expecting to get in were let down on the 1st March. I do think that standardisation had a major impact, but can’t help thinking that this year may have surprises too. How is everyone else feeling? Surely I can’t be the only nervous one. Are the results released at 12:01am on the 2nd March? Sadly, I will be one of those parents online checking.
Yes the results will be online from midnight 2nd March.
Stateschooled

Post by Stateschooled »

[quote]

Thank you. I wasn’t sure whether they were posted midnight or during the day.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Last year they weren't live at midnight (I logged in to check!) but were available at 5.15am when I woke up! Best of luck. I checked the result alone in case of disappointment - I wanted to manage my own emotions before helping DD with hers.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Very sensible thing to do.....
Anu25

Post by Anu25 »

Leighmum2019 wrote:Last year they weren't live at midnight (I logged in to check!) but were available at 5.15am when I woke up! Best of luck. I checked the result alone in case of disappointment - I wanted to manage my own emotions before helping DD with hers.
Please pass on truthful information. Your post last year on March 1st at 12:03 AM clearly states you received the email.
I understand your kid is now in a grammar school so it doesn’t matter but it makes a difference to many nervous parents.
For the OP, this means that results last year were received on email at midnight, I don’t know what happens this time.
Fingers crossed...
Stateschooled

Post by Stateschooled »

Thank you for your responses. I have also checked a previous post and unless there are to Leighmum2019’s, you definitely have posted that you went online at midnight and checked your result (in terms of what school you were allocated). I will not be the only nervous parent out there. Many of us may decide to check the results ourselves before we let the children kno
madhatter123

Post by madhatter123 »

When you say "logged in" to check, is this on the eAdmissions website, or individual school websites?

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

madhatter123 wrote:When you say "logged in" to check, is this on the eAdmissions website, or individual school websites?

Thanks
You log in to your eAdmissions account, if you are in a London borough. The Southend Borough Council or Thurrock site if you live in Southend or Thurrock (which are unitary authorities) and the ECC site of you live elsewhere in Essex. i.e. it depends on where you live, not where the school is.

The information detailing the allocation can only (legally) be made through the applicant's home LA - schools are not permitted to make contact with parents whose DC are allocated a place until after the LA has informed them about it.

(https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 19_Dec.pdf, para 2.10).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now