Waiting list advice 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenplusnewbie

Waiting list advice 2020

Post by elevenplusnewbie »

Feeling a bit confused. DD scored one point under AQS for SGGS so being offered AGS which was our second choice. Need some advice on waiting lists and if we should try and get into SGGS? Been through the forum and struggling to find info on whether scores below AQS ever get offered for SGGS? Don't want to hold out for something if it's highly unlikely we'll be successful. I think she'll be automatically put on the waiting list as she scored high enough for wait list and hasn't been offered it as her first choice. Not sure how late applicants and geography play a part - if someone scores really highly but isn't in priority area are they higher on waitlist? Any advice appreciated...I find the guidelines from WCC really confusing! Thanks
SaysMiss

Re: Waiting list advice 2020

Post by SaysMiss »

Yes, out of catchment but higher scores get priority

Will be in same boat but very unlikely to get a spot now. We are souther priority area but with score of 213 and distance we are unlikely to get a spot.

Will be on waiting list and will see but I think I know what'll happen.
SaysMiss

Post by SaysMiss »

Yes, out of catchment but higher scores get priority

Will be in same boat but very unlikely to get a spot now. We are souther priority area but with score of 213 and distance we are unlikely to get a spot.

Will be on waiting list and will see but I think I know what'll happen.
elevenplusnewbie

Sorry you're in the same position too. I'm just not sure what to tell DD. She really wants SGGS but isn't anti AGS at all. Don't want to raise her hopes that she may still get SGGS if it's highly unlikely it'll happen. Equally don't want to tell her she's off to AGS if she may yet get SGGS...
SaysMiss

Post by SaysMiss »

I think it's worth a call to the school tomorrow.

At least she will have a GS place. Silver linings.

We are facing bigging up the local comp now. It's fine....it's just not what he wanted.
elevenplusnewbie

Hope your son is ok. I'm sure they'll all be fine wherever they end up.
Just wish I had a crystal ball to understand if waiting list worth pinning any hope on or not.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

elevenplusnewbie wrote:Hope your son is ok. I'm sure they'll all be fine wherever they end up.
Just wish I had a crystal ball to understand if waiting list worth pinning any hope on or not.
to be honest you never know with WL - they can do anything and no two years are the same. You could always be on the list, assume it isn't going to happen and think about it if it does
MrsOB

Post by MrsOB »

How is everyone knowing places offered already? I thought it wasn’t published tomorrow? Am I missing something
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

MrsOB wrote:How is everyone knowing places offered already? I thought it wasn’t published tomorrow? Am I missing something
WCC has issued the AQS for each school (it’s on another thread), if you scored higher and submitted the prof of address on time you ‘should’ have a place offered. If you have a score below the AQS you know you won’t get an offer tomorrow.
MrsOB

Post by MrsOB »

Only1nickyt wrote:
MrsOB wrote:How is everyone knowing places offered already? I thought it wasn’t published tomorrow? Am I missing something
WCC has issued the AQS for each school (it’s on another thread), if you scored higher and submitted the prof of address on time you ‘should’ have a place offered. If you have a score below the AQS you know you won’t get an offer tomorrow.

Ah ok thanks! I’ve seen the word ‘offered’ in this thread so thought that meant an actual offer x