re sats raw scores/levels

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chez

re sats raw scores/levels

Post by chez »

Hi,

I asked my daughters head teacher if we could have the raw score so we could work out her level.
It is my daughter who wants to know her level especially in maths and the head teacher has just said that they get given a level - no breakdown, no other score.

How can we find out her raw score? Is there a website we can go on or number to call?

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Rubbish! We were given the actual KS2 papers ... they get a breakdown of scores by ecah question. They are fobbing you off!
chez

sats

Post by chez »

Thanks for your reply.
Apparently the head got their levels off a website and haven't had the papers returned yet.
Is there any way I can get hold of the percentage score/breakdown another way as the head thinks i am making a fuss in asking??
She even went into my daughters class to ask her if she was worried about her levels.
She got all 5's but would like to know which level so she can improve esp in her maths.
In fact it didn't come from us at all!! She probably thinks I'm a pushy parent.
Trouble is I have a son who is staying at the school so I don't want to cause trouble!
Marylou

Re: sats

Post by Marylou »

chez wrote:Thanks for your reply.
Apparently the head got their levels off a website and haven't had the papers returned yet.
Is there any way I can get hold of the percentage score/breakdown another way as the head thinks i am making a fuss in asking??
She even went into my daughters class to ask her if she was worried about her levels.
She got all 5's but would like to know which level so she can improve esp in her maths.
In fact it didn't come from us at all!! She probably thinks I'm a pushy parent.
Trouble is I have a son who is staying at the school so I don't want to cause trouble!
We are having similar trouble finding out our daughter's levels for Y5 optional SATs. If you look at the thread entitled Level 5a, b or c you'll see that your school is not the only one that appears to have signed the Official Secrets Act! :roll:
Marylou
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The scores are passed on to the Secondary school so I think you have a right to know ...
chez

re sats levels

Post by chez »

So how do I get the individual marks/results???

The school have quite plainly said they dont have them. Is the head teacher lying? Or is it the papers haven't arrived yet and they got the results from the website?

I called the local council to find out and they were closed so i shall try again Monday.
Trouble is school closes Tuesday so not much time left.

Will the secondary school tell me if i don't get them before school breaks up?
KB

Post by KB »

I really feel for those of you having trouble with schools / sats results. It all seems crazy - why is it such confidential information?

All I would say as a parent also with a child just finished Year 6 (& no info on Sats results at all as Prep school closed two weeks ago :) ) but also with children waiting for GCSE and A level results - please try to keep the Sats in perspective. (Sorry - not meaning to sound condescending :) )

Just from experience of last few years I know that there will be lots of stressful situations to deal with & in a few years it really wont seem so important whether they got a 5c or 5a. (Yes, with my eldest I got equally wound up about it all!)

I'm not saying you shouldn't do your best to get the information - I agree that you are entitled to it - but don't let it spoil the precious time you have with your children before they go to secondary school.
September will bring its own challenges - everyone needs to be rested & ready to start all over again :)

I do hope you all manage to get it sorted out :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I suspect that schools are being more cautious because of re-marks.
KB

Post by KB »

Fair enough but couldn't they just explain that to parents & say that the marks won't be available until they are sure they are going to stand.
Sometimes schools struggle to grasp that parents are quite intelligent and capable of understanding what is going on - we don't need to be treated like small children!
Its actually when schools appear to be hiding information that we are likely to ask more questions not less :)
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

KB wrote:Fair enough but couldn't they just explain that to parents & say that the marks won't be available until they are sure they are going to stand.
Sometimes schools struggle to grasp that parents are quite intelligent and capable of understanding what is going on - we don't need to be treated like small children!
Its actually when schools appear to be hiding information that we are likely to ask more questions not less :)
You have hit the nail most soundly on the head! :)

BTW according to our school prospectus, parents have the right to see all information kept on file about their children. They need to make an appointment with the head and all will be revealed. (Seems a lot of trouble just for a few marks, when a quick note from the teacher is all that is needed!) :roll:
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now