Buckinghamshire allocations March 2nd 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Buckinghamshire allocations March 2nd 2020

Post by scary mum »

I am setting up this thread in advance of the Buckinghamshire allocations next Monday. When the allocation distances are published I will link to them here.

Please post any questions you may have on here, but please note - do not post scores if you are asking about the chances of getting in. In Bucks they are irrelevant over 121, but distance will be important. Any scores over 121 which are posted will be removed by moderators as it is simply boasting.

If you are wanting to appeal for a place, please start your own thread in Appeals as it will get lost in here. Please read all the information here as many of your questions may already have been answered. It will help if you include your username in the title.

Please also see the How to appeal for a Bucks GS place 2020 sticky.

Good luck everyone. Please be sensitive to others who may not have had the news they were hoping for.

ETA: the allocation distances are now on line here. Many thanks to sparklies for spotting this while I was at lunch :D
scary mum
NHomer76

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 2nd 2020

Post by NHomer76 »

We live at ~5 miles and didn’t get an offer from Burnham - not surprised but still a little sad
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Presumably you aren't in Bucks if you heard today? I don't think Bucks have offers theirs yet?
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’m assuming Slough as they seem to have sent out allocations today.
NHomer76

Post by NHomer76 »

Yes, Slough based.
johnyfriend

Post by johnyfriend »

I stay in 2.6 miles and my son wasnt offered? Not sure if cross council communication is still a problem.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It may simply be that the distances have shrunk again this year. Tomorrow BCC will publish the distances and it will become clearer. What school were you offered?
scary mum
NHomer76

Post by NHomer76 »

I imagine the distances have reduced again. I expected them to and without a Slough pass it was number one choice with no expectation.

Hopefully the headmaster will change his slides and speech on open days. He said that he expected distances to go back out but I could find no reason why they would have.

Good luck to everyone else.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think this is the last year of an extra class in year 8, so distances should increase next year as there will be 30 more places in year 7, I believe.
scary mum
NHomer76

Post by NHomer76 »

Makes sense, A year to late for us but my son is super happy to be with his friends, which arguably is most important. Best of luck to everyone else,I’ll revisit in about 4 years when my last child will be on her journey.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now