DCHS from Chesham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Krithi

DCHS from Chesham

Post by Krithi »

Hi All
Can anyone clarify if girls living in Chesham (although it shows in catchment area map) were offered a place in March 2019 allocation as Chesham nearly 4 miles from the school.

Are there any priority postcodes?

Can the council default to CGS as its closer?

Really worried now as some of other boroughs have published the results

Many Thanks
mad?

Re: DCHS from Chesham

Post by mad? »

I don't have time to look for you at the moment but if you search the Bucks forum and/or look at the Bucks admissions website you can found out how far out they went last year (and previous years). The council will no default you to anything, they will take your preferences and allocate the highest preferred school for which your DC qualifies. You can also find this explained on the admissions website.
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

All qualified girls in catchment were offered places last year, but of course things can change year on year. If you look on the school website you will see their admissions criteria, which they have to follow. No priority postcodes.
I would advise always reading the criteria before applying but I imagine this is last minute nerves speaking :). Good luck.
Cross post with mad? It went to 1.9 miles outside catchment last year.
scary mum
Krithi

Post by Krithi »

Thankyou Scary mum for reassurance. Another few hours and whole new journey will start.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now