Late exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
llenor

Late exam

Post by llenor »

Hello and thank you for the add :)

DD was not able to sit the exam in septemberue to her medical condition and I am now looking to register her to the late date.

We received the allocation letter, which I am going to decline as the school offered is just way to far for us (but this is a whoe different topic :-)))

In you experience, is there anything I need to in order to be invited to sit the late date (apart from putting our prefered grammer school in the preference list?) I reallydo not want to miss this date because there was a form I needed to fill in or something silly like.

Thank you
scary mum

Re: Late exam

Post by scary mum »

Whatever you do, you need to accept the place you are offered. The you can go on waiting lists/appeal etc. The local authority has done their bit by offering you a place, they don't have to do anything else if you reject it.
I don't know the answer to your other question, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer, I just wanted to quickly tell you not to reject the place you have nbeen offered.
scary mum
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

You really shouldn’t decline the place until you have another offer. It is fine if you intend to home educate but otherwise the LA may take the view that they have fulfilled their obligations with the offered school.
Xposted with Scary
llenor

Post by llenor »

Thank you Mitasol and Scary mum. You are right, I will wait another day and send our reply when we are calmer :)
authormum

Post by authormum »

Here is the information you need: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sh-s ... mation.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is from SHS but is the same for other Gloucestershire schools.

Note point 3) In particular, about completing a waiting list common application form. Must be done before Monday 9th March.

Hope that helps.
llenor

Post by llenor »

Thank you authormum.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now