Chelmsford County High School Waiting List 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tigermama72

Chelmsford County High School Waiting List 2020

Post by Tigermama72 »

My DD WL for CCHS (I/C) 105.17 and WL for CCHSG 334.20

Does anyone have information on total number of children from waiting list (in catchment) in Chelmsford County High School who were offered a place in 2019 please and the lowest score offered please? I am trying to gauge WL movements based on last year and possibly even year before.

Based on the above, do we stand a chance in either of these schools? Can anyone advise what is a realistic position on WL for CCHS please (can only access WL after 18th March)?

I find that for CCHS last year the last offered place was 104.2 (one of the children from my DD's school who got in as late as Sep) against a green zone cut off of 108.2, but I do not know if this was the lowest score offered or not. This year the green zone cut off is 106.9 and my DD scored 105.1

Thanks and good luck to all! x
pinkrabbit38

Re: Chelmsford County High School Waiting List 2020

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Tigermama72 wrote:My DD WL for CCHS (I/C) 105.17 and WL for CCHSG 334.20

Does anyone have information on total number of children from waiting list (in catchment) in Chelmsford County High School who were offered a place in 2019 please and the lowest score offered please? I am trying to gauge WL movements based on last year and possibly even year before.

Based on the above, do we stand a chance in either of these schools? Can anyone advise what is a realistic position on WL for CCHS please (can only access WL after 18th March)?

I find that for CCHS last year the last offered place was 104.2 (one of the children from my DD's school who got in as late as Sep) against a green zone cut off of 108.2, but I do not know if this was the lowest score offered or not. This year the green zone cut off is 106.9 and my DD scored 105.1

I believe we were 5th on list for Colchester last year with 337.98 and got a place end of April
Tigermama72

Post by Tigermama72 »

Many thanks pinkrabbit38 for your response. Much appreciated.
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Tigermama72 wrote:My DD WL for CCHS (I/C) 105.17 and WL for CCHSG 334.20

I believe we were 5th on list for Colchester last year with 337.98 and got a place end of April
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

They're great scores and she probably stands a good chance but will be cutting it fine. Have you had a look at the collated cut off threads to see what previous years offers are? It should give you a good idea.
Tigermama72

Post by Tigermama72 »

Thanks so much proudmum for taking the time to reply. Told DD she scored well and we are very proud of her. I have had a look at previous cut offs. But not sure how accurate they are as I chatted with a few friends whose DC got in with lower scores and who were not part of this forum. But yes getting a broad picture. Fingers crossed! It’s just the constant being on tenterhooks feeling at the moment.
Proudmumregardless wrote:They're great scores and she probably stands a good chance but will be cutting it fine. Have you had a look at the collated cut off threads to see what previous years offers are? It should give you a good idea.
Unicorndad

Post by Unicorndad »

Tigermama72 - fingers crossed for you as you must be pretty high on the CCHS waiting list if we are number 6? No movement as yet, I wonder whether all this coronavirus crisis will have an impact on the waiting lists? I have no idea by how many it can be expected to move, but the higher marks in Southend for OOC kids must make it unlikely that the CCHS I/C list moves very far. I think my DD might one of the unlucky ones....
Tigermama72

Post by Tigermama72 »

Just got informed today my DD has got in CCHS! Very happy and relieved.
TheVMan

Post by TheVMan »

Congratulations. I expect to see some movement in CCHS waiting list then. Wonder how often the waiting list data is updated on the website?
Tigermama72

Post by Tigermama72 »

Thanks! Don’t think it’s updated regularly as my DD is still showing as 4th on WL. Best would be to call up the council and ask.
Unicorndad

Post by Unicorndad »

Thanks - that makes me feel better as we are showing 6th still and no movement. So pleased for you Tigermama72. My DD must be so so close now and I have everything crossed!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now