Townley starters 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

clouise26

Townley starters 2020

Post by clouise26 »

Hi, thought it worth starting a thread for anyone that got offered Townley grammar. Anyone else out there starting there this Sept?
georgiadani

Re: Townley starters 2020

Post by georgiadani »

Yep! Very excited. Great idea for a thread.
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

We have 2 from our school definitely got it. Whereabouts do you live Georgiadani? We’re in Petts Wood so will be a coach. She’s very pleased - jumped all around the room when we read the email!
georgiadani

Post by georgiadani »

We are in Charlton. It's one bus from the end of our road to Bexleyheath Town Centre and then a 10 minute walk. I think about 45 mins ish door to door.
We are intending to move in the next year or two so will probably be much closer by Year 8.
She doesn't know anyone else who is going to Townley, but tends to make friends quickly, so hopefully that won't be an issue. I still can't believe we got an offer on allocation day. There was much screaming here too!
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

One of the things we liked about Townley was how friendly all the girls were. I loved the fact that they have year 8s taking them to classes their first week to help them settle. They also do a summer school where they can make friends which is happening 10th-14th of August this year (I emailed school when booking our hol to check). I think that’s a lovely idea. We weren’t even considering Townley and went to the open evening at the last minute, but DD said she could see herself there and I loved the arty curriculum, the library, the drama, they can choose a language out of French German or Spanish. Loved all the leadership and entrepreneurial stuff. Great school. I know you liked Newstead from the other thread but I have to say Townley won us over.
georgiadani

Post by georgiadani »

I have a colleague whose daughter is in Year 7 and she talks very highly of it. She had the same Townley/DDGS/Newstead dilemma and is very happy she went with Townley, Her daughter really likes it, especially the 21C curriculum.
I did love Townley too and I think it's the right choice for my DD. It did seem the more sporty and well rounded curriculum. Plus it did seem very friendly.
Thanks for the info on the summer school. I knew they did one, but had assumed it would be the first week of the holidays. Now I know to avoid booking anything around those dates. I agree it's a lovely idea. Did they give you any infomation about the induction day/s?
It's all very exciting!
Seendy

Post by Seendy »

Great idea creating a group!!!
Daughter got Townley too. It wasn’t our first choice as our eldest is in year 8 in DGGS.

We really wanted Townley for our first one but we didn’t get in as their catchment area shrunk that year. And this year we thought little one would get into DGGS easily with her high marks but didn’t.

Have to say though - My little really preferred Townley to DGGS, and only agreed to have DGGS places as our 1st choice as it was more practical!! She is absolutely ecstatic about getting Townley!!

We are from Charlton too and no one from her school got Into a Townley.
Seendy

Post by Seendy »

georgiadani wrote:We are in Charlton. It's one bus from the end of our road to Bexleyheath Town Centre and then a 10 minute walk. I think about 45 mins ish door to door.
We are intending to move in the next year or two so will probably be much closer by Year 8.
She doesn't know anyone else who is going to Townley, but tends to make friends quickly, so hopefully that won't be an issue. I still can't believe we got an offer on allocation day. There was much screaming here too!

We are in Charlton too!!! Let’s try and meet up.
georgiadani

Post by georgiadani »

Yes good idea! They will probably be getting the buses together.
Last edited by georgiadani on Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

So only 3 of us so far!!....