Nonsuch High School - 2020 allocation and WL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Nonsuch High School - 2020 allocation and WL

Post by tiffinboys »

Please post any information and queries relating to Nonsuch High School’s 2020 allocation and wait list. Thank you.

Congratulations to those who got the place in the school and Good Luck to those who are on the waitlist. Hope they hear the good news soon.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Infytriumph

Re: Nonsuch High School - 2020 allocation and WL

Post by Infytriumph »

Hi
I had given Nonsuch as the second preference, but unfortunately we haven't got in any of the grammar schools preferred inspite of clearing slough and Nonsuch-perhaps due to the distance and score.
I would just like to know what do I do next. DD's score is 276 and we live in Twickenham. Not sure where we stand.Do I just ring the school to stay in the waiting list or will I be sent a letter ?
TIA
chatman

Post by chatman »

Hi all
DD has not recieved a place at NS with 318 OOC, hope there are chances on the waiting list. Anyone knows what the lowest OOC score is this year yet?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Infytriumph wrote:Hi
I had given Nonsuch as the second preference, but unfortunately we haven't got in any of the grammar schools preferred inspite of clearing slough and Nonsuch-perhaps due to the distance and score.
I would just like to know what do I do next. DD's score is 276 and we live in Twickenham. Not sure where we stand.Do I just ring the school to stay in the waiting list or will I be sent a letter ?
TIA
I'm afraid that score would not have been high enough for an out-of-catchment place at Nonsuch, even from the waiting list, in any of the three years that they have been using this format of test. The lowest admitted scores on offer day were 310, 317, 322 and in September they had gone down to 283, 301, 317 in years 2017, 2018 and 2019 respectively.

You will be able to find out your position in the waiting list although perhaps not for a few weeks.

Which school were you allocated? Are you happy with it?
RajaMum

Post by RajaMum »

TIA
Hi,
You will be automatically placed on your higher preferance waiting lists and you will receive emails from the schools regarding this in due course. But with a score of 276 I doubt an OOC place for NS but you have to be optimistic and persevere with all of your options. Good luck.
Infytriumph

Post by Infytriumph »

She is offered a place in The Green School. Not sure how the school is .Our 4th preference was Turing House .We didn't get that either .
I called Richmond Council and they have asked me to email them with my preferred list of schools which they will review after 16th March.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Infytriumph wrote:She is offered a place in The Green School. Not sure how the school is .Our 4th preference was Turing House .We didn't get that either .
I called Richmond Council and they have asked me to email them with my preferred list of schools which they will review after 16th March.
I would look into the school you have been offered if you don’t know much about it - from quick research it looks like a decent school, and it is much closer to you. Remember if you compare exam results that a selective school like Nonsuch will naturally have a higher percentage of top grades. The Green School does have an above average Progress 8 score, which is a good indicator.
Infytriumph

Post by Infytriumph »

RajaMum wrote:
TIA
Hi,
You will be automatically placed on your higher preferance waiting lists and you will receive emails from the schools regarding this in due course. But with a score of 276 I doubt an OOC place for NS but you have to be optimistic and persevere with all of your options. Good luck.
It's very disheartening for my DD and I guess it will take some time to accept this .
Still keeping my fingers crossed .
Thanks .
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

You must have known before you applied that your daughter's score was very unlikely to be high enough for a place there. The cut-off scores for the last three years are published on the website. I hope you have been managing your daughter's expectations.
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

Infytriumph, if you live in Twickenham, surely your dd would have got Waldegrave?

We live a bit further away than you and put Waldegrave as 1st choice and also put NS as our 2nd choice like you.

Dd has scored 294 OOC. If she was offered on the waiting list, we would likely move to help with the commute as I'm not prepared to let her travel for an hour or more in each direction!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now