Southend schools cut off

Post by Victor »

They seem to be really high this year?
Is anyone able to shine some light?
DSDSDD

Re: Southend schools cut off

Post by DSDSDD »

I would concur.

Also have a sneaky suspicion that Southend Local Authority (or its ‘systems’) has made a pig’s ear of the 2020 admissions process.
zoopermum

Post by zoopermum »

Well, I totally agree that they may have messed things up. There has been a confirmed case of a child offered a place and then the place was withdrawn "due to procedural error"!!
ayparents

Post by ayparents »

zoopermum wrote:Well, I totally agree that they may have messed things up. There has been a confirmed case of a child offered a place and then the place was withdrawn "due to procedural error"!!
Wow. So, sorry to hear that. That would have been devastating for child and parents. Hope the child gets offered a place soon.
Ajbanjo

Post by Ajbanjo »

zoopermum wrote:Well, I totally agree that they may have messed things up. There has been a confirmed case of a child offered a place and then the place was withdrawn "due to procedural error"!!
Something definitely went wrong. We didnt get any of the Southend schools despite being way above the Green Zone cut off - we were offered Colchester County which is also an excellent school but a lot further away. Just as we are getting used to the idea of Colchester, we get an email today saying we now actually have a place in Southend girls but need to let them now very soon. So we are in the unusual position of having 2 offers. Im quite concerned that this 'unusual' circumstance also means there is still a chance for things to go wrong. I will therefore be sending an official letter / email for the record.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Explanation posted by voyagers on the Collated cut-offs thread, quoting the WHSG HT:

voyagers wrote:The letter said that southend had erroneously not limited the number of preferential admissions in the ooc area. There should be only 4 preferential admissions in the ooc category. The letter didn't say how many offers to this catefory had been made but it did make it clear that it was withdrawing the offer as the admissions policy had not been correctly adhered to adn the withdrawal was made in line with sections 2.12 and 2.13 of the admissions code.

It will be interesting to see if there is a similar issue with the in catchment preferential category. Would go a long way to explaining the high cut offs.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... al#p738045
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
voyagers

Post by voyagers »

The letter was from WHSB ht
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

voyagers wrote:The letter was from WHSB ht
Ah - not sure where I got WHSG from :).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ayparents

Post by ayparents »

ToadMum wrote:
voyagers wrote:The letter was from WHSB ht
Ah - not sure where I got WHSG from :).
Tired eyes, hands and brain :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now