Adam's Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pkaur

Adam's Grammer

Post by Pkaur »

Hi my son sat exam today at Adam's. I got a email from the school this evening to say the letters will be out sometime early October with statement of whether your son would or would not benefit from a Grammer school place. I was wondering did anyone last year get a letter with their sons actual mark also on the letter. Just concerned as to how I will know if he made the "cut offs". Thanks in advance.
hermanmunster

Re: Adam's Grammer

Post by hermanmunster »

the problem is that no-one knows what the cutoffs are until everybody has applied via CAF. Then it will be a case of seeing how many places are allocated to each of the oversubscription categories
Pkaur

Post by Pkaur »

Thanks for the quick reply. How do parents therefore make a informed decision on whether to use up their 1st choice place to name Adam's?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Pkaur wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. How do parents therefore make a informed decision on whether to use up their 1st choice place to name Adam's?
It is not a case of "using up the first choice" - if you put a school first and your child is not offered a place then the first choice will be discounted and your second choice will become your first. That is why it is important to list the schools in the order of your preference remembering to include one local school where you can be fairly sure he will be offered a place

Have a look at this https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tchoudhu

Post by tchoudhu »

Hi my son got into Adams but saying unlikely to get a seat on coach does anyone know any other transport from wolverhampton
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Please don’t ask the same question on multiple threads. This is the third thread I have seen.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now