Transport to Adams Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tchoudhu

Transport to Adams Grammer

Post by tchoudhu »

Hi

My son has got into Adams Grammer Newport for september 2020 i have had an email saying my son is unlikely to get a seat in school coach is there any other minibus or taxis that go from wolverhampton or is there any parents in the same situation can we get together and get a solution? Is there any parents take their child and willing to take mine i am willing to pay or if anyone has suggestions for me wil be grateful

Is there any child that travels from wolverhampton on public transport and can tell what routes they use?
nervousdad1

Re: Transport to Adams Grammer

Post by nervousdad1 »

Public transport is more or less a no go into Telford on the bus then back out I would imagine best part of two hours each way. No train station in Newport so that's a no, A41 is in constant repairs two sets of road woks this week one in Tong and one by Lilleshall turning so can add 20minutes to car journey. My DD goes on a private minibus has been awesome to be fair there are about 4 Adams boys on the bus at present give them a call on 01902 601 961 company is Boulton Travel I know there is a waiting list

good luck
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Please be careful asking strangers on the internet about car sharing. Public transport drivers are properly checked with a DBS form and proper insurance. Paying another parent would nullify their insurance and could lead to other problems. Some private minibus services are unlicensed.

Start by speaking to the school as they may know of licensed reliable transport options. Assumably you thought about transport when you applied to the school and realised that there might have had problems getting a seat on the bus. Anything over an hour one way, travel is probably too much to add on a school day, in my opinion.
Pkaur

Post by Pkaur »

Hi my son also got into Adams for Sept 2020 and we also need to sort out transport. My understanding is that we will be notified in April if we get a school bus place. In the meantime i have put my son down on the Boulton minibus waiting list. I believe school will provide details of other parents who do not get a school bus place so that parents can organise something together. I am nervous too but hold on for abit.
tchoudhu

Post by tchoudhu »

Thank you for replying i have also put my son down for The Boulton Travel i hope they provide the names of other parents i didnt think they could because of data protection the email they sent me has scared me saying he will unlikely get a seat
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tchoudhu wrote:Thank you for replying i have also put my son down for The Boulton Travel i hope they provide the names of other parents i didnt think they could because of data protection the email they sent me has scared me saying he will unlikely get a seat
Perhaps the request for permission to share your details will come if and when you are informed that your DS doesn't have a place on the school bus. Unless you have missed a previous request? It would seem very strange that any school would plan just to share details regardless.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
valhalla

Post by valhalla »

Hi - Any private coach transport available from Stafford to Adams Grammar. We live on the south end of Stone / north end of Stafford. Public Transport frequency and scheduling is not encouraging.Finally found a dedicated thread on Adam Grammar transport.
jay001

Post by jay001 »

Hi
My son is in year 7 and from Wolverhampton. We have been using Boulton Travel they are good. The service has been working fine for adams and newport girls. Had no issues to date Dean is great, it took some meetings etc last year from all parents and dean but we all managed to get this setup and it is working well, props to nervousdad who got things setup
tchoudhu

Post by tchoudhu »

Thank you yes i have emailed Dean he said he will contact nearer to time i hope he has a seat for my son
tchoudhu

Post by tchoudhu »

Thank you yes i have emailed Dean he said he will contact nearer to time i hope he has a seat for my son