Newstead 2020 Starters from Beckenham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
interestedmum

Newstead 2020 Starters from Beckenham

Post by interestedmum »

Hi Mums

Wondering if there are any mums from Beckenham (particularly near Eden Park/Elmers End) who would be interested in discussing getting girls to and from school, and perhaps meeting up and letting the girls get to know each other beforehand?

Tks x
Beck_mum

Re: Newstead 2020 Starters from Beckenham

Post by Beck_mum »

There are lots of girls that go from Beckenham Junction and Kent House. Could your daughter get the bus and then the train if you’re near Elmer End? My 2020 starter will be walking to Beckenham Junction and getting the train. My older daughter and her friends all enjoy the journey. There’s a huge pack of them and they spend the whole journey gossiping!
Motherhubbard

Post by Motherhubbard »

Hi - yes my DD will start Sept 2020 and will
Get the train from Kent house 7.47 am I think .
Will that hook up to the same group at Beckenham junction?
It would be great to meet up - we know another girl that will start this year and go from shortlands probably
interestedmum

Post by interestedmum »

Hi Motherhubbard & Beck_mum,

Thanks for posting -

Would be great to meet. @Motherhubbard - is this your first daughter at Newstead? We can't really get to Beck Junction - but would still be good to meet.
Motherhubbard

Post by Motherhubbard »

Yes - first daughter to go to Newstead . As I say, she will probably get the train from Kent house each morning but hoping that will be the train that many other girls will also get along the route. How will your DD be getting there?
Motherhubbard

Post by Motherhubbard »

Hi all - just wondering if anyone knew what might be happening regarding induction sessions for Sept 2020 girls ?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Motherhubbard wrote:Hi all - just wondering if anyone knew what might be happening regarding induction sessions for Sept 2020 girls ?
Hi MotherHubbard, in the Head's update of 15th May Mr Blount said 'Our Year 7 Induction will also take place online', if your daughter is joining the school, do take a read as they give you a real flavour of what is going on: https://www.newsteadwood.co.uk/news-and ... ads-update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not ideal, but the school are working really hard on so many things at present and doing it well.
Motherhubbard

Post by Motherhubbard »

Thanks Pettswoodfiona.
I can’t seem to access the May newsletter. The website only seems to go up to April. Nevertheless we have the invitations to the induction sessions and a welcome pack arrived this week. :D .
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Unhelpfully the links are not in date order, it is the second from bottom, deep link to the 15th May Newsletter here: https://www.newsteadwood.co.uk/portals/ ... 091612-880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now