lloydmakninja - advice in appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lloydmakninja

lloydmakninja - advice in appeal

Post by lloydmakninja »

Dear Etienne and team,
I'd be grateful if you could offer some advice on my case explaining here.
first i requested for access arrangements for one of the grammar school test for my ddlast year. LA send letter for 11+ main test without mentioning access arrangements , later they send another letter that they accepted for access arrangements , in that mentioned they will inform new seperate test date for pupil with access arragements but not the main test. but we didnt get any letter until main test, we waited until main test day,we got nervous called LA but didnt successful . so i send my dd for main test with worry that she will miss the test. After one week of main test happened,they send me email about new test date with access arrangements n in that email they mention becoz of technical error in their mail server, some people didnt get this mail on time(before main test).Then i replied back that she wrote the main test becoz unaware of new test date which is 10 days after main test. so LA told us dont send dd for new test date as she already wrote the test. they simply told us if dd didnt qualify we can't give seat , if u really concern then u have right to appeal.
my dd school r not giving any supporting documents n r saying they never gave any backing letters from headteacher to anybody.
i am new to this appeal process n dont know anybody who been this process. plz guide me in appeal process.
Many thanks.
scary mum

Re: advise in appeal

Post by scary mum »

Have you read this page?.
When you have, if you have further questions, please do not hestiate to ask. I have amended your title to make it asier to find in future.
scary mum
Etienne

Re: lloydmakninja - advice in appeal

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :D

There should be three parts to your case.

First of all, explain what happened with the special access arrangements, and provide copies of all the emails.
(It would be best not to use textspeak. I would suggest writing "you" rather than "u", and "are" rather than "r".)

Secondly, you will need to provide academic evidence. I note that the school will not co-operate.
See:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thirdly, you need to put forward good reasons for why you want a place at the school you are appealing for:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do follow the link scarymum helpfully provided further up. It will tell you all you need to know about appeals.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now