Keeping children off

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hajra

Keeping children off

Post by Hajra »

Just wanted to know whether or not parents are still sending their children in or keeping them off. We’re in a bit of a dilemma.
hermanmunster

Re: Keeping children off

Post by hermanmunster »

are the schools open?
Hajra

Post by Hajra »

Yes they are but for selected year groups. The head of my son’s school all but said there’s very little learning going on . Considering not sending him.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They are going to be at home with you shortly for a very long time.

I would use the time remaining to do some planning for all those long days ahead with no structure.

They may not be doing much at school but what would they be doing at home? They have the social connection at school which will be hard to replicate at hone. DG
mjasghar

Post by mjasghar »

If Manchester is any indication almost all schools will be giving 6 weeks from next week or even starting midweek
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Our school has given out details of online learning yesterday.

My prediction?

My expectation is that although they were due to be in next week, they are likely to shut schools this week (bear in mind I think London states schools are due to go on Easter break this week anyway).

I suspect they may well say plan for a 4 week Easter break but that we will then be told part way through the holidays, that schools will be open for exam candidates only. That will free up as many staff as possible to support the public exams - most invigilating teams are staffed by retired people - many who will fall into the at risk group and are likely to be self isolating or not available.
Just my prediction...
Nard

Post by Nard »

School is still open for us but DS2 said some of the boys said their parents aren’t sending them in today. My DS1 is in year 11 so I am very mindful of upcoming exams. There is no right or wrong no one knows what to do for the best at the moment.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

OP, if the school is open you should send your kids in. They will be out of school for long enough as it is.
Macaroon2

Post by Macaroon2 »

All public Exams to take place in the summer ‘holidays’. At least, that’s my take on the situation.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now