11+exams thoughts on if they will go ahead this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Last1973

11+exams thoughts on if they will go ahead this year

Post by Last1973 »

I’m just starting to worry that after all what’s happening they won’t do the tests this year but how will they decide who gets a place
yoyo123

Re: 11+exams thoughts on if they will go ahead this year

Post by yoyo123 »

I’m sure they will think of something!
Our children are assessed to the hilt throughout their education, one thing not in short supply is data.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

I was thinking about this today - even if they do go ahead, the tests may end up being 2 or 3 days after they have been off school since March - hopefully they will find a way to make it fair for everyone. I have my final child waiting to take it this year (but also have my Y11 child stressing about what they are going to say about GCSEs today). It's so hard for everyone, but the whole cohort will be affected, so I'm sure that it will all work out - somehow. Just glad I'm not an education official right now - or sitting on any sort of appeals panel for exams/11+ or school places this year :lol:
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Not very sure what schools will do about these - maybe schools will come forward with policy soon
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Surely these are actually the ones which are most likely to go ahead. May even level the playing field a bit.
BlueKnows

Post by BlueKnows »

Glad I've come across this thread... With a year 5 child I've been thinking the same thing. Surely they must go ahead. But right now I don't think Year 5s are even on the list of priorities.
Fabatnear40

Post by Fabatnear40 »

BlueKnows wrote:Glad I've come across this thread... With a year 5 child I've been thinking the same thing. Surely they must go ahead. But right now I don't think Year 5s are even on the list of priorities.

I agree with you in thinking year 5's may not be a priority now. I also am preparing my son for the 11 plus and will keep plugging away with that end goal in mind. My thinking is also with 11 plus exams not being a part of the national curriculum, whatever decisions made would be at a much later stage and based on the latest release the priority groups are GCSEs, A levels and primary assessments (SATs).

Here is a copy of the latest: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/furt ... vFEX0zO6rE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cupcakemum

Post by cupcakemum »

I also have a child in year 5. I think if schools resume by September they will probably go ahead but maybe at a slightly later date? Although they have quite a bit of data from testing at school it would be many months since they've been at school and some children's attainment could shift. Also how do they have data for home schooled children?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They have to hold the exams (some of which are two rounds) and deliver results before the CAF form is due in 31st October.

So certainly in North London they will need to get on with it in September in order to have results ready for the CAF form. DG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Daogroupie wrote:They have to hold the exams (some of which are two rounds) and deliver results before the CAF form is due in 31st October.

So certainly in North London they will need to get on with it in September in order to have results ready for the CAF form. DG
they can always delay the CAF form until the end of December and maybe delay the NAD too
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now