Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MattE

Re: 2020 Entry Allocation Scores & Collated Cutoffs

Post by MattE »

MattE wrote:
MattE wrote:
MattE wrote:343.664 is waitlist number 77 at WHSG and 7 at SHSG

Anyone any experience of how quickly waitlists move?

Received an email this morning from Southend Council, they were replying to email sent last Monday requesting our position on waitlist. We've moved from 77 at WHSG to 62. They didn't mention our place in the SHSG waitlist, despite it being requested, so not sure if we're still at No 7

And for IC at Chelmsford Girls we've moved from 41 to 37

Late yesterday afternoon we received an email from Essex CC offering our DD a place at SHSG. She was originally number 7 in queue. Score 343.664 oc.
We've received an email from SHSG today. Because the school is closed they cannot send us a welcome pack. Does anyone have an electronic copy of the pack they could pm me? Or perhaps a list of key dates if one existed? Thanks very much
Mom0407

Post by Mom0407 »

Unicorndad wrote:Unfortunately that is right - if an O/C person declines a place, it goes to the person at number 1 on the All list. So for those of us high up the I/C list, we are relying on I/C people turning down places. I'm not really sure how it works for people being added to the list, but I know it can happen, presumably if someone who was O/C moves I/C maybe?

My DS was on Waiting List for CRGS school at position 43 earlier, now he has moved one position down to 44 on the Waiting List.
This school doesn't have any catchment option. Does anyone has any idea for this downward movement.

Thank you.
Meribel

Post by Meribel »

Mom0407 wrote:
Unicorndad wrote:Unfortunately that is right - if an O/C person declines a place, it goes to the person at number 1 on the All list. So for those of us high up the I/C list, we are relying on I/C people turning down places. I'm not really sure how it works for people being added to the list, but I know it can happen, presumably if someone who was O/C moves I/C maybe?

My DS was on Waiting List for CRGS school at position 43 earlier, now he has moved one position down to 44 on the Waiting List.
This school doesn't have any catchment option. Does anyone has any idea for this downward movement.

Thank you.

It’s because someone has joined the waiting list that has scored higher than your child.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Meribel wrote:
Mom0407 wrote:

Thank you.

It’s because someone has joined the waiting list that has scored higher than your child.
Waiting lists - in the first instance, until the end of December - must be held in oversubscription criteria order. So anyone joining a waiting list after national offer day must be slotted into the list in the correct position. e.g. because they applied / moved before offers but after any cut-off date for changes, or have only now applied, but have taken the entrance exam. There may be a few parents deciding to cut their losses re indie places obtained but possibly now unaffordable, for example - willing to risk losing a term or two's fees for the long term saving, should a grammar place come up.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Unicorndad

Post by Unicorndad »

ToadMum wrote:
Wonder1 wrote:
Hi Unicorndad,

Glad to hear you’ve made fast progress on the CCHS website,-great news! We have also moved up the CCHS IC wait list from 9th place to 5th. However just puzzled why we’re not at position 4 on the IC waitlist by now??—(as our original position was 9, & yours 6)
Someone whose DD ranks above yours may have joined the waiting list.

Good luck Wonder1 - we have just received an offer today. DD is over the moon as is her older sister who is going into Year 12!
Wonder1

Post by Wonder1 »

Oh that’s fantastic news for your daughter Unicorndad, Congratulations! We moved up to position 4 today and I’ll continue to keep everything crossed for my girl.
Kunche

Post by Kunche »

Waiting list :ColCHSG - moving slow and steady
18/3/2020 - 9th
23/3/2020 - 7th
26/3/2020 - 5th
Scooby34

Post by Scooby34 »

Scooby34 wrote:SHSB - my DS got a score of 348.68 and speaking to Southend admissions today he is 5th on their waiting list.

Earlier this week our DS was offered and accepted a place at SHSB with score of 348.68 and was 5th on waiting list.
SuperDad3g

Post by SuperDad3g »

Does anyone know what was the cut-off score this year for Westcliff High School for Girls? Is this information available anywhere online? Thanks
Dadov3

Post by Dadov3 »

SuperDad3g wrote:Does anyone know what was the cut-off score this year for Westcliff High School for Girls? Is this information available anywhere online? Thanks
The original lowest offer on day 1 was somehwere in the 370s

But this post shows it is moving down...
Vb1 wrote:361.863 OOC - just received and accepted an offer at WHSG (moving from SHSG).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now