LEH Waiting List

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Meredusoleil

LEH Waiting List

Post by Meredusoleil »

I know it's not really the best time considering everything that's going on in the world right now and schools being closed, but has anyone heard if LEH has needed to go to their waiting list yet?

I was thinking some parents might change their minds about paying school fees given the current climate of economic uncertainty and end up releasing a place or two!
hermanmunster

Re: LEH Waiting List

Post by hermanmunster »

I suspect some people will change their minds about places owing to the financial climate but they probably won't do so just yet, they may be waiting to see how things pan out and would want to be dropping options just yet
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

Oh OK. I suppose that's fair enough. It's still early days.

Do you know if its true that the first term's fees are due to be paid a term in advance ie after the Easter holidays? Or did I get that wrong?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the usual deal is that if you accept a place at a school and pay a deposit (in LEH case £1300) that is refunded when they leave - then in some cases to give notice that you are leaving (or not even starting) you have to either give a terms fees or forfeit a terms fees.

You may find that in crazy financial times (like 2008) people will feel it is worth waiting until the last minute when they may have better idea of the finances , losing a terms fees or deposit and going for the state option - they feel it is better than struggling to pay for 7 years
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

Oh OK. Thanks for clearing that up for me! Makes more sense now.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Meredusoleil wrote:Oh OK. Thanks for clearing that up for me! Makes more sense now.

i'm not sure of the specfics for LEH - can't find it on the website but they all have fairly similar rules for giving notice. The concern for the school is that they need to tie people in a bit as they want to be sure that they will have the number of pupils they are expecting in September
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

Meredusoleil wrote: Do you know if its true that the first term's fees are due to be paid a term in advance ie after the Easter holidays? Or did I get that wrong?
In the past, if you have paid a deposit to hold a place but you don't need it anymore, you have to give 1 terms notice, which meant the first day back from Easter holidays.

But with schools closed at the moment, not sure whether/how this will be enforced.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now