Extended Writing - expectations of setting out work

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ciaowood

Extended Writing - expectations of setting out work

Post by ciaowood »

Sorry, I am full of questions! For the extended writing (Medway Test), with all the possibilities that may arise, what are the expectations of setting out their work? For example, with a newspaper article, would they be expected to split the page and add columns etc or would they just write the headline as a heading and work in paragraphs and sub-headings below? Same for a leaflet - would they fold the page into 3 and so on or would they, again, write their heading and work in paragraphs etc? I am presuming they would just work with headings and paragraphs whatever the topic - so long as they are demonstrating what's needed but I just want to make sure. For a letter, I'm guessing, they would need to set it out as such?

Many thanks.
olucares

Re: Extended Writing - expectations of setting out work

Post by olucares »

ciaowood wrote:Sorry, I am full of questions! For the extended writing (Medway Test), with all the possibilities that may arise, what are the expectations of setting out their work? For example, with a newspaper article, would they be expected to split the page and add columns etc or would they just write the headline as a heading and work in paragraphs and sub-headings below? Same for a leaflet - would they fold the page into 3 and so on or would they, again, write their heading and work in paragraphs etc? I am presuming they would just work with headings and paragraphs whatever the topic - so long as they are demonstrating what's needed but I just want to make sure. For a letter, I'm guessing, they would need to set it out as such?

Many thanks.

Heading and paragraphs. Last year, it was an information leaflet, the year before was a newspaper report, the one before that was a fusion of a diary and a story.
ciaowood

Re: Extended Writing - expectations of setting out work

Post by ciaowood »

Hi, thank you for the info. What would a fusion of a diary and a story look like? Would that be finishing a story and then writing up a diary entry? Thanks for your help.