14/09/2019 Pride Match Appeal Gloucester

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11PLUSGLOUCESTER

14/09/2019 Pride Match Appeal Gloucester

Post by 11PLUSGLOUCESTER »

Hi

Just wonder can anyone share any lights of Pride Match on 14/09/2019 which affected Ribston and Demark Road exam venues?

Is it worth for appeal for this ?

Which route did the Match take on that day?

Thanks
cazien

Re: 14/09/2019 Pride Match Appeal Gloucester

Post by cazien »

Not quite sure what you asking.
I assume you are referring to the Gloucester Pride March 2019 which was a march through Gloucester City Centre and numerous events in Gloucester Park. Why do you feel it affected Ribston and Denmark?
I cannot think of any reason why this could be used as an appeal reason.
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

cazien wrote:Not quite sure what you asking.
I assume you are referring to the Gloucester Pride March 2019 which was a march through Gloucester City Centre and numerous events in Gloucester Park. Why do you feel it affected Ribston and Denmark?
I cannot think of any reason why this could be used as an appeal reason.
Don't know about the specifics (our DD took the exam at Pates) but I do recall some comments at the time about "external noise" being an issue somewhere (though I'm not sure that the specific comments I heard were about Ribston or Denmark Road), and windows etc having to be closed - not sure about how long it went on for or what impact it had (if there was a march or some other event perhaps it passed close to one of the schools, or people going to it did).

If there was an issue at a specific test location I would have assumed that the staff running the test there would have documented it and reported it to CEM and/or Gloucester Education Dept.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

There are about 3 pages of posts in 'Gloucestershire' starting from the day of the exam last September, including one called something like 'Thank goodness that's over'. Which I have just searched for 'pride', 'marc*' ('march' being too common a term), 'noise' and similar and could see no mention. So either none of the parents whose DC were disturbed by the public events outside are forum members, or the DC of the ones who are didn't notice / mention the disturbance, or the march wasn't at all disruptive, or it took a route which didn't involve those schools?

Presumably someone in the relevant Council department would be able to check the route that the march took? It may even be on the website somewhere publicly accessible.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

My daughter sat the test there and mentioned some noise, but it didn't impact her or her result. I think the only thing I remember was in some rooms windows being closed. This was at Ribston