Application form for watford girls grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

m_saahil

Application form for watford girls grammar school

Post by m_saahil »

Hello all,
One of my.friend wants to apply for his dd is watford girls grammar school, though they r nit in sw council, what is the procedure? Does he have to directly apply to school or cpuncil?? Can someone plz help him out with links to guide him...
Many thanks
scary mum

Re: Application form for watford girls grammar school

Post by scary mum »

Please see my answer on your other thread (apply through your home council).
scary mum
m_saahil

Post by m_saahil »

Thank u so much
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Watford Girls is a catchment area only school.

Your friend can check their postcode on their website to see if they are in catchment. DG
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Daogroupie wrote:Watford Girls is a catchment area only school.

Your friend can check their postcode on their website to see if they are in catchment. DG
The friend is in Luton.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:
Daogroupie wrote:Watford Girls is a catchment area only school.

The friend is in Luton.
Unfortunately, therefore, the chance of their DD getting a place is effectively zero. The school cannot refuse to consider the application, if your friend puts it on her CAF and as it is a comprehensive school, could not refuse to offer a place if PAN had not been reached, but from that distance, it really would be a wasted option.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

+ 1

As there are many more girls in the catchment area than there are places at the school, applying for a place from Luton will effectively be a waste of a slot on the CAF form. DG
m_saahil

Post by m_saahil »

They are ready to move to watford if dc qualifies...
They said they got registered on sw herts website...but whats the peocedure...i mean does council contact them asking which schools in sw herts do they want to write the exam??or is it one exam for all schools??
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

m_saahil wrote:They are ready to move to watford if dc qualifies...
They said they got registered on sw herts website...but whats the peocedure...i mean does council contact them asking which schools in sw herts do they want to write the exam??or is it one exam for all schools??
If your friend has managed to register their DC for the test, I'm sure that they will have read through all the information for parents?

https://www.swhertsschools.org.uk/
https://www.swhertsschools.org.uk/faq/

1. Do I have to register for the test on each school website?

No – you need to register only once for the test via the link on any of the seven consortium school websites. 

6. When will I know my test centre?

Please see the Calendar section of this website for all important dates.

Date of Test Venue NotificationWednesday 1st July (around noon)

7. Where will my child take the test?

Your child will take the test at one of the schools in the Consortium. You will be able to log on to the parent portal in July to find out where your child will take the test. The venue of the test centre is, where possible, based on the geographical location of your child’s primary school though it will not always be possible for a test centre to take a large cohort from any one particular primary school.  It would be advisable to ensure that you are able to travel to any of the Consortium Schools as we cannot guarantee you will be offered the nearest to your child’s primary school.  Your allocated test centre and its location has nothing to do with school preference and is not relevant to your final selection of schools.

Results are notified in October and the deadline for CAF submission is the end of October. IIRC, the results won't be 'You have passed / failed', but just a standardised score and so whether or not an academic place is allocated in March depends not only on meeting any residence criteria for Watford, but on how many others with higher scores have applied.

The admissions criteria for 2021 entry are here:

https://www.watfordgrammarschoolforgirl ... N-YEAR.pdf

But since your friend will also have read the document before deciding to register their DD for the test, I think you will find that they are planning to move anyway, before results are announced (or, for that matter, the test is sat):

2.3.1 Normal home address: In order to qualify for admission under rules referring to the school’s admission area, the girl must
have been resident for a majority of school nights at her normal home address since 1st September of the calendar year preceding
proposed admission. A school night is defined as Sunday through to Thursday night. Additionally, where a girl’s designated normal
home address is rented, evidence of a long term tenancy agreement (12 months or longer) must be provided to the school. If a
parent, with whom the girl is resident for the majority of school nights, owns an alternative property within 20 miles of the school
which has been the main family home within the last five years, a property closer to the school will not be accepted as the
designated normal home address for the purpose of applying the admission rules, even if the former property is leased to a third
party. The school may require additional evidence of residence qualification if there are reasons for casting doubt on the accuracy
or completeness of an application. The governors may refuse to base an allocation on an address which might be considered to be
only a temporary address.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
spanner

Post by spanner »

The consortium exam covers all of the consortium schools. The schools all have different admission rules and different catchment areas. Parmiters, for example, reserve three academic spaces for children who live outside of the catchment area.
So being able to register for the consortium is not a reflection of being eligible to apply for any of the individual schools.
As noted above, your friend would have to have moved to within the Watford Girls catchment area before even sitting the exams to have any chance of getting offered a place.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now