Sutton Mock test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sc123

Sutton Mock test

Post by sc123 »

Which is good mock test for Sutton? My son is in year 5 now, will appear in Sep 2020 exams
Daogroupie

Re: Sutton Mock test

Post by Daogroupie »

Sutton PTA runs mock tests.

Bookings will open in January. DG
MummyofJ

Post by MummyofJ »

sc123 wrote:Which is good mock test for Sutton? My son is in year 5 now, will appear in Sep 2020 exams
Hi there,

We couldn't sit the Sutton Mock ( they were booked very quickly!), however we found the name of provider removed by moderator mock tests quite helpful. They have couple of types and run it across different locations.

Best of luck
REcommendations for mock providers, other than PTA run ones are not allowed. Please treat recommendations by PM with caution.
ShaqArif

Post by ShaqArif »

Hi sc213,

The PTFA at Wallington Boys have been very successfully mock tests over the last few years. Every effort is made to ensure that the experience is as similar as possible to the actual SET, and the feedback has always been positive.

You can register your interest here: https://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/Familiarisation-Tests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Wilson’s PFA also run them:
https://www.wilsonspfa.org/familiarisation-tests/faq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mummyzilla

Post by Mummyzilla »

Hi

I am after the same information. When my daughter sat her 11+ 3 years ago there was only really one main mock test provider (Sutton Grammar). Now for my son, I can see that Wallington County Grammar is offering two mock tests at £40 each, Wilsons is offering mock tests at £50 each and Sutton Grammar launch theirs tomorrow (not sure about costs). Do any previous year parents have a view on these mock tests and which is better?
sleeplessmum

Post by sleeplessmum »

Hi my dd say the sgs mocks 3 years ago and it was instrumental in her learning...the exam conditions, timing to get to the exam and actually complete the paper in exam conditions.

Also sgs gave very informative information back which helped us focus on the areas she was weak in. She sat paper A and B in the periods of May and June.

My ds sat sgs mocks about 5 years ago for both sgs and Wallington and at the time sgs provided more information back as to what he needed to focus on- hence letting our dd for sgs mocks afterwards.

Am sure things have changed but the main thing is them to have the practice in a hall/ classroom they are not used to and sit a paper under exam conditions and have invigilators who they don’t know. The experience is very good.

Good luck
Mummycares

Post by Mummycares »

Any of those mock tests would be good to get your child used to the experience, however it helps to get your child to sit the mock at the school you are hoping to get or are likely to get allocated for the exam (being out of county we got SGS for the SET as expected).
WCGS and Wilsons only offer multiple choice familiarisatoon tests whereas SGS offers written Maths and English as well. The English writing is not marked but it helps to go through the process before the big day (second stage test). Last year, I was not able to book Test C for my ds, so kept checking the website for cancellations and eventually managed to get one. Dates and times at which they would be advertised were on the website with no guarantee that there might be any. You simply had to check over and over again. Once therewas a cancellation you had a limited window in which to book the test. Good luck and all the best.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sutton mocks were due to start this weekend but I think it is unlikely that any of the Sutton Mock A or B slots will go ahead.

Mock C in late August might go ahead but I can't see the govt agreeing to 200 odd students travelling from all around the home counties to sit in one room for A in May or B in June. DG