Cubes Nets and Shapes

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Taz1981

Cubes Nets and Shapes

Post by Taz1981 »

Hi All,

I am trying my dd my very best with cubes and nets with patterns but even I’m struggling. I’ve watched many YouTube videos, cut out cubes but still find it so hard to visually these shapes in my head. We purchased a magnetic cube today to help so fingers crossed. Any other tips would be great. I have a question which I can’t seem to figure out, according to me no matter how many times I make this cube from the given net I can’t seem to make option a, however that is incorrect. Some help would be great thank you. Imagehttps://ibb.co/PxfpXhh
PettswoodFiona

Re: Cubes Nets and Shapes

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don’t think they appear in many tests but DD sat the Kent test five years ago and they had them then. She aced all the other types of questions but like you these eluded her in the most part. They didn’t take up much of the test and we decided she would guess those and move onto ones she could do easily so as not to waste time. Maybe not the best strategy and I hope someone comes along with some guidance, but our strategy worked for DD! If we’d persevered I think it would have damaged her confidence in everything else.
Nella

Re: Cubes Nets and Shapes

Post by Nella »

I agree with Pettswood Fiona. My child could just ‘get’ the other NVR questions without any assistance but was stumped by the nets and cubes. Guess and move on was the tactic!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now