Virtual Tours at Crypt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cazien

Virtual Tours at Crypt

Post by cazien »

If anyone is considering Crypt, they are holding "virtual tours" on 18 and 22 June. See there website to book a slot by 16 June. (https://www.cryptschool.org/admissions/open-events" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

As expected :roll: taster days for current year 5 are not available this year.
Glos18

Re: Virtual Tours at Crypt

Post by Glos18 »

Thanks. Stroud High are doing something similar on 12th and 26th June. You can register on their website.
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

Crypt have this on youtube as an intro for the Y7 starting this Sept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSwd9YEr_o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jearund

Post by jearund »

What a lovely video! I wonder if STR will do anything similar. I notice he was still talking about the Induction Day going ahead in July, whereas STR have said theirs is very unlikely to take place. I also wonder whether the early residentials will go ahead, usually they'd all be off somewhere in September to bond but I have doubts that will be possible.
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

jearund wrote:What a lovely video! I wonder if STR will do anything similar. I notice he was still talking about the Induction Day going ahead in July, whereas STR have said theirs is very unlikely to take place. I also wonder whether the early residentials will go ahead, usually they'd all be off somewhere in September to bond but I have doubts that will be possible.
It's a great quick whizz round the school - very impressed with what we've had from Crypt so far.

They are going to run "virtual" parents evenings in a week or so, then some stuff more focussed on the house system, clubs etc the following week, followed by "virtual" tutor group intro sessions a bit later.

They say they are going to try and do the Induction days in July - but clearly that depends on what happens between now and then.

On the "residential" - that still seems to being planned (as part of the pile of forms we got to fill in there were the usual permission and medical info things for it, and a request for at least an initial payment...........).

DD is really fired up by all of this, and can't wait to get started.

How all the school buses etc are going to work if some form of "distancing" is still in place is a different problem of course - I suspect they could split the Crypt and Ribston buses (as a lot of them are shared), but if more need to run then what's liable to happen to the cost might be a good question.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

We’ve registered for the virtual tour on Monday - has anyone heard any more details yet? I’ve only had a copy back of the form I submitted, and no info yet on how to join.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

We did the one yesterday and I think got the info with the zoom link the day before.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now