FAMILIARISATION PACK

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BLANCA

FAMILIARISATION PACK

Post by BLANCA »

when should I start to use the bucks familiarisation pack with dd? It says in the info to start striaght away but we are just about to start 2nd set pf bright sparks.Patricia if your out there what dp you think?

many thanks

b
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Blanca

Continue with the Bright Sparks.

Go through the Familiarisation, the 5 sessions, bit by bit now.[quite easy as they are aimed at whole class level]

Leave tests A, 1 and 2, use, in that order, after B. Sparks have been completed.

Have you got dates for your tests?

Patricia
BLANCA

Post by BLANCA »

thanks you will do. As we are out of county the dates for tests are earliest date 27th october first come first served basis and may be on two consecutive days. bucks residents are thursday 2 october and wednesday 8th october

also have received new practice paper 2 as first one sent out has errors on questions 61-67 ( just in case anyone has already done them!!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

We are also out of county but expect to have the tests in the first or second week of October as our primary school is willing to administer them. I don't think the school is given much notice, though - so we'll aim to be fully prepared by the published Bucks test dates.

We've also had the corrected version of Practice Paper 2 sent to us. I haven't checked yet to see what the error actually is, but surprised the mistake wasn't spotted earlier - I thought the same practice tests were used year on year?
Marylou
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Marylou

These tests indeed have not changed since their first publication. However they are reprinted, so the error may have occured at this stage.

Can yo PM me with these errors, I can then check them with my various sets of originals, to see if there has been a change...

I do remember at one stage there was an error in the marking scheme, where they had the answers to 2 types of maths in the wrong place, one of those sets, were question numbers in the sixties...

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now