Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

saida81

AGSB exam delay

Post by saida81 »

AGSB have just announced exam has been delayed to 10th October
choceyes

Re: AGSB exam delay

Post by choceyes »

That's interesting. I wonder if the CEM test will be delayed too.
scooby1

Post by scooby1 »

I wonder how that is going to impact when you apply for secondary school places. The turn around for getting the results back before the 2nd November is going to be tight. Unless the LEA change the date to submit applications forms. Guidelines and the situation are continuously changing so things might change again come September. I have to say most children are very resilient and will just get on with it - my nephew wasn't phased by the change.

Have tutors started to face to face lessons again (social distancing of course) or are they still doing tutoring online?

My only concern would be if all children are back in September, what would happen if a class bubble has to go into isolation. That would entail the whole year 6 class. I know some schools that have had to close down bubbles because one person in that bubble had tested positive for the virus. It is hard to know what to do - change the CEM exam to October so children have that bit longer to prepare/ catch up. Or leave it as it is - children and their families who have been social distancing within their bubbles. It is a tough one.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scooby1 wrote:I wonder how that is going to impact when you apply for secondary school places. The turn around for getting the results back before the 2nd November is going to be tight. Unless the LEA change the date to submit applications forms. Guidelines and the situation are continuously changing so things might change again come September. I have to say most children are very resilient and will just get on with it - my nephew wasn't phased by the change.

Have tutors started to face to face lessons again (social distancing of course) or are they still doing tutoring online?

My only concern would be if all children are back in September, what would happen if a class bubble has to go into isolation. That would entail the whole year 6 class. I know some schools that have had to close down bubbles because one person in that bubble had tested positive for the virus. It is hard to know what to do - change the CEM exam to October so children have that bit longer to prepare/ catch up. Or leave it as it is - children and their families who have been social distancing within their bubbles. It is a tough one.
The national deadline of 31st October is enshrined in the School Admissions Code. So far, the only changes I have seen apply to the Appeals Code (for which, emergency measures are currently in place until January 2021). Individual LAs cannot, as far as I can see, make ad hoc changes to the deadline.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 19_Dec.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now