SET 2020 postponed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RuedeWakening

SET 2020 postponed

Post by RuedeWakening »

I've just had an email to say that the SET scheduled for 15th September is being postponed. Date TBC, but likely to be in November, after the application deadline for the eAdmissions form.

I'm not surprised, and it's good to know now rather than later I guess.
Golden75

Re: SET 2020 postponed

Post by Golden75 »

I just got the email too...I'd like to just get the test out of the way, but I suppose under the circumstances it makes sense to postpone it. I hope there wont be a 2nd spike this autumn and schools have to close again, I wonder what will happen if they can't hold the tests in November either :?: . Strange times...
Mummyzilla

Post by Mummyzilla »

It will be interesting to see what impact this has on parents choosing their schools on the CAF.
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

Surely the deadline to submit the CAF will also have to be moved from the usual 31st October?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Meredusoleil wrote:Surely the deadline to submit the CAF will also have to be moved from the usual 31st October?
The vast majority of people submitting CAFs will not be wanting to attend selective schools, so I can't see them moving it for a few schools. It's a reversion to how things were before 2012, and isn't ideal. Some areas may increase the number of schools people can out on the CAF. Here in Bucks there are 6 slots on the CAF, so plenty of room for a couple of grammars and a few non selective schools.
scary mum
rocky

Post by rocky »

Meredusoleil wrote:Surely the deadline to submit the CAF will also have to be moved from the usual 31st October?
I don't think they will change the CAF date. Other schools such as Tiffins have their final exam after CAF Submission date.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Press release out today saying that although we will have to submit CAF on time as expected, we (Sutton residents) will be able to amend it until 10th December without it being considered a late application.

If you have a child doing the SET and you're not a Sutton resident, I guess you'd need to contact your own borough/council and see what their plan it.

Details: https://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200439/school_admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

RuedeWakening wrote:Press release out today saying that although we will have to submit CAF on time as expected, we (Sutton residents) will be able to amend it until 10th December without it being considered a late application.

If you have a child doing the SET and you're not a Sutton resident, I guess you'd need to contact your own borough/council and see what their plan it.

Details: https://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200439/school_admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That seems like a good solution
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

Here is the latest government guidance on testing this year
mad?
Krishna186

Post by Krishna186 »

scary mum wrote:
RuedeWakening wrote:Press release out today saying that although we will have to submit CAF on time as expected, we (Sutton residents) will be able to amend it until 10th December without it being considered a late application.

That seems like a good solution
A similar solution proposed by Surrey County Council too. Please check https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and ... e-the-form