Kendrick test date changed.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Kendrick test date changed.

Post by Tinkers »

To before half term week.

https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/pag ... 21&pid=123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other schools using the same test may not be using the same date. Slough schools look to be going for week before.
Eatmum

Re: Kendrick test date changed.

Post by Eatmum »

Reading school are also going for the week commencing 19th October (the week before half term) so we will not have results in time for submitting CAF forms!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think most areas will be in the same boat. No results before the CAF date.
semb

Post by semb »

Strange that Reading Boys and Kendrick are proposing testing in the week before half term - I would have thought it would make more sense to test in the half term week itself otherwise they will have all the current pupils to accommodate as well. Unless I'm missing something here...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

semb wrote:Strange that Reading Boys and Kendrick are proposing testing in the week before half term - I would have thought it would make more sense to test in the half term week itself otherwise they will have all the current pupils to accommodate as well. Unless I'm missing something here...
Presumably people may already have holidays booked, particularly as so many have been disrupted this summer.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

They also need to fit in gcse and A level exam resits as well.
spv

Post by spv »

The current exam model is Kendrick , Reading School and Slough consortium (4 schools) have the same paper and conducted in 2 different sessions.
There is an overlapping between the two sessions such that students from 2nd session are already in the exam centre before session-1 students are out. This is to ensure fairness to all students.

I am not sure of the challenges on the logistics and other aspects.

If the reason for the date change is just arrangements & space constraints, then it can be addressed by hiring other secondary schools which are normally not at all busy on weekends.

Again in this extremely difficult situation this may not be as simple and straightforward as we think.
gdf

Post by gdf »

Slightly off topic and I apologise for my ignorance in advance but the email I received from Reading Boys says

"Other schools within the Consortium of 19 other Grammar Schools may be administering the tests on different dates. If...."

Is there a list of these 19 schools somewhere?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

gdf wrote:Slightly off topic and I apologise for my ignorance in advance but the email I received from Reading Boys says

"Other schools within the Consortium of 19 other Grammar Schools may be administering the tests on different dates. If...."

Is there a list of these 19 schools somewhere?
Some time ago, someone posted a table of the various schools using CEM selection tests and the groupings that they fall into. Being sad :lol:, I could have a rummage, if no-one beats me to it.

Off the top of my head, though:

Reading
Kendrick
Chelmsford County High
The 7 Gloucestershire grammars
The 4(?) Slough grammars
Ilford County High
Woodford County High

Which leaves a few others - ?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Redbridge? Not sure if that’s one or not.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now