2021 Entry - Test date change

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

monkeypops

2021 Entry - Test date change

Post by monkeypops »

News just starting to filter through that the test date has changed to 17th October - who’s going to appreciate the extra time?
2Socks

Re: 2021 Entry - Test date change

Post by 2Socks »

I'm afraid I'd prefer to have stuck with the original date. We've been looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel (not that we've had time to get prepared, but for DD to not have it looming).

As DD is keen on DRHS I'm finding it concerning that it's the only one of the Grammar websites that isn't announcing the change of date as yet. I appreciate that staffing is limited over the summer, but given the discussions last year about their planning, it's not exactly building my confidence that the others have managed to update their sites, but not DRHS. Good communication from a school is an essential in my view, and I would like to think that they recognise the importance of letting people know this ASAP.
dodie102

Post by dodie102 »

2Socks my daughter is at DRHS - they communicated to current parents and carers that for the first two weeks of the school holidays there would be no communication from them unless it’s a safeguarding issue. The school isn’t perfect but they’ve done really well with the shutdown and communication is generally good. I imagine the leadership team need a break and they might be unable to update the website immediately. I know my Head had only taken 4 days ‘holiday’ since March 22nd until the end of term in July. I think the letter is from all the Glos grammar heads?
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Thank you, that's what I expected, but I think it's still not great for potential students. I know what you mean though about needing a break. Glad to hear it's not always an issue though.
monkeypops

Post by monkeypops »

We were ready to go too - am trying not to think too much about the complexities of putting down our school choices without knowing our results first! In the meantime we’re pootling through occasional 10 minute exercise books, taking a few practise tests and hoping that those few weeks back at school will be useful. Good luck to everyone at whatever they’re finding works best. I think all us parents and all these lovely children have been amazing - it’s been a strange few months...