Predicted grades

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BlueBerry22

Re: Predicted grades

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Salsa - i really don't know what they will give them - it sounds as if it will probably be based on GCSE results - maybe they will enlighten us in Sept but they certainly haven't assessed enough work to have any idea of future performance. The fact nothing was graded post March has bugged me because if they knew they were only handing in work at grade C they could rectify it - especially if A levels are cancelled again. I feel they are very disadvantaged.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I agree. However, didn’t the government say that the exams would go ahead?
Salsa
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

without wanting to get political - it is very difficult to predict what the situation will be in June/July 2021 or indeed how much schooling they will have in Year 13. The govt may want the exams to go ahead now but the reality may be different as we get closer.
salsa

Post by salsa »

BlueBerry22 wrote:without wanting to get political - it is very difficult to predict what the situation will be in June/July 2021 or indeed how much schooling they will have in Year 13. The govt may want the exams to go ahead now but the reality may be different as we get closer.
I totally agree.

Salsa
Hebden

Post by Hebden »

My DS’s mock exams have been rescheduled for mid September, so the results will be available just in time for the Oxbridge applications. I am not convinced all schoolchildren will be in school full time for the whole of next school year either, time will tell!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Hebden wrote:My DS’s mock exams have been rescheduled for mid September, so the results will be available just in time for the Oxbridge applications. I am not convinced all schoolchildren will be in school full time for the whole of next school year either, time will tell!
That’s actually a little late for Oxbridge in the sense that the 15th is the deadline so most want to get it in before then - for a student whose predicted grades are lower than hoped (or someone whose predicted grades mean that actually Oxbridge is unexpectedly a possibility) it doesn’t give a whole lot of leeway. Saying that, I think next year may well be an extraordinary year for many with local lockdowns, track & trace lockdowns and possible cases of Covid, I will be surprised if many students get a full year at school, again, sadly.
Hebden

Post by Hebden »

I just have to trust that the staff at our Grammar School know what they are doing by rescheduling the mocks for September, after such an exceptional few months.We are in Calderdale West Yorkshire, so currently in the lockdown zone! Fingers crossed all our children can move on to a new normal in September, I really feel for them all.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

My son's school gave them predicted grades before the summer to let them know where they are. The boys were then given the chance to study and prep for mock exams in September and improve their predicted grades. Best of luck to all the children doing their A'levels during these uncertain times.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now