Newstead Wood test delayed?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Newsteadmum1

Newstead Wood test delayed?

Post by Newsteadmum1 »

There’s nothing on the website but I’ve heard that the test is delayed. This means that no test results will be known before secondary applications. Does anyone know when we will find out a date for the delayed test?
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Wood test delayed?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Where have you heard that the test is delayed? Yes there is government guidance to schools to consider delaying tests but not all will do that as it is guidance and not mandatory. Also it applies more to schools having tests in early September but Newstead is at the end. Have you emailed the admissions team as they will be best placed to answer?
Newsteadmum1

Post by Newsteadmum1 »

I heard through word of mouth. Shocking. Maybe the test will be moved to Mon 2nd November when there’s a CPD day? I’m guessing.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I too have heard by word of mouth but that was someone who had a DS and Olaves had changed their date so they assumed Newstead had too and had been spreading info that both schools had changed dates. It may not be the same source and Newstead could of course change the date and so do update us when you hear back from admissions please!
Newsteadmum1

Post by Newsteadmum1 »

My source did hear from admissions!
vjm

Post by vjm »

Following is reply from admissions team on 22nd July to my mail about possible delay of selection test 2020 .
"
Dear Sir/Madam

As was mentioned in your acknowledgement letter we will communicate any changes to our selection test as soon as we are able. We are working hard to ensure that our test can take place safely and that no students will be disadvantaged by being unable to attend their primary school over the recent months. No one knows what will happen over the coming months with regards to Covid-19 and if Government guidance changes and it is no longer thought safe to accommodate children in school for the testing then our plans will need to be revised; the safety and well-being of all the pupils and staff involved has to be our overriding priority.

In order to prevent an overload of information and to avoid further confusion we have not published any changes to our original plans and will only contact parents once we have a final approved plan in place.

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Yours sincerely
"

But DFE published guidelines on 24th July since then no update from Newsteadwood .I have sent a mail again today .
I will post their reply once I have something .
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Hi I emailed the admissions registrar and I got the following reply;

Following recent Government recommendations it is almost certain that we shall be moving our selection test to late October. We are currently finalising all the details (circumstances permitting) and a letter will be sent to your home address as soon as possible.

:shock:
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Thank you! I might cancel the long weekend we had planned then as looks like DD might be at school on 25th of Sept.
vjm

Post by vjm »

I also got the same reply few mins back .

Dear Mr ****,

Following recent Government recommendations it is almost certain that we shall be moving our selection test to late October. We are currently finalising all the details (circumstances permitting) and a letter will be sent to your home address as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I am usually posting on Birmingham or Warwickshire.

As yet we haven't heard anything regarding our tests.

However, I personally believe that delaying will be a huge mistake. Things could be so much worse by then and the test may not be able to be taken at all, so what on earth would they do then?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now