green buses and public transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rupy1

green buses and public transport

Post by Rupy1 »

hi just wondering about the green buses to the schools... im not sure if im going to be getting annual pass, as my child wont be needing too often. I know you can use a swift card , however im bit concerned about her getting a place on the bus. Does anyone know how busy these buses are ? Or any thoughts on them? my child is going to handsworth grammar for girls. Eventually im hoping she will meet other kids living near to her, and they can use public transport together, without need for green bus and sometimes i will also be giving her a lift. It is wary times due to the virus and using public transport, they will no doubt have to wear masks on the buses too. No doubt there will be alot of kids coming from various parts having to make their way to the school
nervousmom

Re: green buses and public transport

Post by nervousmom »

Hi, you can look at http://www.thegreenbus.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for information on services.

My daughter uses green bus to FW and we have received information from school and the green bus.

The school have asked that all pupils try and get the green bus if possible, as public transport is more of a risk factor,

The green bus are also taking it very seriously.

They are limiting the number of places on each bus and will not be allowing the general public to use the bus. Plus the children will only be able to use their specific route bus and not use other green buses on other routes.

They must remain seated at all times, when getting off they can only stand when the bus stops.

They must wear masks and will not be allowed to talk. All windows will be open.

It obviously all sounds very regimented, but definitely better to be safe than sorry.
Nella

Re: green buses and public transport

Post by Nella »

Hmm. Green bus £995. Can only be used for school route (doesn’t run late enough for after school clubs) versus NXbus annual pass £295..... I know which we will be buying!

I wonder how the ‘no talking’ rule will be enforced!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now