CEM test date for 21/22 entry-postponed to end of October20

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Janita

CEM test date for 21/22 entry-postponed to end of October20

Post by Janita »

My friend just told me that CEM send her an email to confirm that the Chelmsford Girls [CCHS] test will only take place end of October and scores will not be ready to be sent out to parents before the LA deadline (31 Oct) - For secondary school applications. So you’ll have to choose schools in ranking order without knowing your score. How on earth do you make an informative choice without knowing how well/poorly your child performed? So I’d thought I’ll put this out there on her behalf for advice.

Any date changes for CSSE?
scary mum

Re: CEM test date for 21/22 entry-postponed to end of Octobe

Post by scary mum »

Please see this thread, which lists all the changes that we are aware of. Some areas are allowing changes to the CAF once the results are known.
scary mum
ToadMum

Re: CEM test date for 21/22 entry-postponed to end of Octobe

Post by ToadMum »

Well, if you would really want your DC to go to a grammar school, should they have done well enough, you put the grammar school (or two) at the top of your preferences, then rank your non-selective preferences. Much like you would do had you known that your DC had gone okay, but not necessarily well enough to get in to the grammar school.

And it's how we used to do it, in some areas until a decade or less ago. The CSSE was one of the last to move their exam forward to September, for the 2013 entry. You just have to try to be sensible with the way you rank your preferences.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now