CEM Missing Letters Answer sheet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SH031

CEM Missing Letters Answer sheet

Post by SH031 »

Hi,

Does anyone know how missing letter questions are set out on the answer sheet, if for example there were three letters missing to make a word would the answer sheet show a-z for each letter or are a couple of letters only shown.
JM40

Re: CEM Missing Letters Answer sheet

Post by JM40 »

The short answer is: I don’t know. There is no published syllabus as such for the CEM exam so CEM can and will make changes from year to year.

The longer answer: try not to worry about little details at this point. I can see myself in your question! This time last year I was panicking about all sorts of ‘what ifs’ in relation to DD’s preparation. The exam is not far away now so I would suggest ensuring your child has seen practice questions from a variety of different publishers so they don’t have a fixed idea of what the paper ‘should’ look like. Perhaps also engineer it so that their final practice questions are in an area of strength to give them a confidence boost going into the real exam. Best of luck.
SH031

Re: CEM Missing Letters Answer sheet

Post by SH031 »

Thanks for the tips!

On one of the CGP they had a missing letter questions and I used their answer sheet which had a choice of 3. My son quessed the word as there was a choice of only three letters for a missing letter. That got me to thinking how it might be in the actual exam.