Help with Verbal Reasoning and keeping momentum

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Codermum

Help with Verbal Reasoning and keeping momentum

Post by Codermum »

Please could someone point me in the right direction. DC will give SW Herts exam this October. We need recommendations for GL VR practice besides GL assessment, S and S, bond and bright sparks series.

Also as exams have been postponed by a month...could people suggest ways to keep the momentum going to continue to do revision and do papers.

Thanks
Balfron

Re: Help with Verbal Reasoning and keeping momentum

Post by Balfron »

I think a fairly light touch now - assuming your child is getting high scores. Ten min test a day, time off at weekends? We did very little in the eight weeks before the tests - I read on here about peaking and didn’t understand it until I felt it happening. Speed and accuracy. Mock tests if you’ve not already done any.
Keeping the end in sight. What school are you hoping for? Lots have good online welcomes to new y7s so perusing them might help motivation. Good luck, such a difficult time.
Codermum

Re: Help with Verbal Reasoning and keeping momentum

Post by Codermum »

Thanks for the reply. I've taken your advice...taking things easy and getting ready for school. Still asking him to do ten min tests and a bit of reading.
Right now we're keeping an open mind but ideally looking at Parmiters, Scd, Ricky and Queens.