Who has filled in their preference forms?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SofiaCerano

Who has filled in their preference forms?

Post by SofiaCerano »

Hi, hope everyone is keeping safe. As the exams have been pushed back to next month and we won’t have the results before the application deadline, I’ve gone ahead and filled in our preference forms. I’m glad to have filled the form in and it feels a little less stressful than when we went through the system with DD two years ago. Fingers crossed for us all.
Bati

Re: Who has filled in their preference forms?

Post by Bati »

I haven't done ours yet.
Dd is sitting the upton hall 11+ and I am hoping results will be in before 31st october although I doubt it.

I wish they hadn't put the exam dates back so far. Upton hall has put theirs back by about 6 weeks from the original date. Maybe a week or 2 would of been ok but not this long.

What happens if there is another lockdown, surly it would of been easier to get the 11+ done now just incase.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

When my daughter sat the upton exam two years, we waited ages for the results. Think upton was the first exam that year but the results only came out the day before the 11+ results. This year my son is sitting st Anselms and the 11+. I quite like that there’s 5 choices this year. I agree though, I wish the exams hadn’t been pushed back.
Bati

Post by Bati »

My dd is also sitting the 11+ for Wirral.
I live just outside wirral - cheshire and we are still only having 3 to pick from, which makes it very difficult with the dates being put back.

I am really hoping due to the lateness of the exams that they will be quicker in marking them and getting those results to parents.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

On the council website it says that results will be received by the 27th of November. It’s all such a mess this year. Good luck to your DD.
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

Hi again

I’ve completed my preference form.

I’m going with my choices as if she passes. Upton, Wirral, WKGS

It been a stressful time, I’m not confident she’ll pass but I’m glad she’s willing to have a go.

My non grammar is BHSA which I believe is a lottery getting in.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

Hi, you’re right BHSA BA a bit of a lottery in year 7. Good luck to your DD, my eldest is in year 8 at upton and loves it. My non grammar choice for my son is woodchurch. Fingers crossed for them all.
Bati

Post by Bati »

I still haven't done preference form yet.
It's West kirbys online open evening this evening so I will be able to decide this evening.
1st choice is Wirral girls
Then it is either Upton hall or West kirby 2nd and the other one will be 3rd.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now