Confirmation of registration for test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ergo

Confirmation of registration for test

Post by ergo »

Just wondered if anyone knew when confirmation that KCC got your child's registration form would be sent out. My child will sit on a Saturday and can't remember last year how early the forms were sent out giving location and registration form for actual test. Also, does anyone know the date when results will be announced prior to filling in CAF.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Hi - i phoned kent as i had not had a confirmation that they had received my application to sit the test - they are not sending anything out until the beginning of term when they will send out details about where/ when the tests are being held. i just hope they received our application ok or all our hard work with NVR papers will be wasted!

The results will be posted first class on Monday 20th october and the CAF is due in for kent a couple of weeks later. Unfortunatley for us we are in london and our form has to be in on 24th October - so I'm hoping they are not held up in the post!

Also - does anyone know what form the results will take? Do we get the scores or just a pass/fail? We can't ask the head for the scores as we are on half-term that week, and our DS needs to pass well to get into Dartford Grammar under their new admissions arrangements. Could I phone Kent to find out?

Many thanks

Sharon
perplexed

perplexed

Post by perplexed »

I think the best thing is to e-mail Kent with your questions in detail. Avoid receiving a phone call reply (it's easier for people to not quite answer your questions and you don't have a good written record of exactly what they said) by saying you would appreciate a response by e-mail as you are not able to make/receive phone calls easily during the working day.

Good luck.
ergo

Post by ergo »

Thanks for replies, it is slightly disconcerting that we have no receipt of entry, but just have to trust the postal system. Will wait until beginning of September for details.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ergo

Post by ergo »

Thanks for all advice. I think out of area is treated differently from in area as our school has had no involvement in sending forms to council at all. Just wanted to say that received registration details this week which need to be posted back to council by 5 September to confirm that child still wants to sit test on 13 and 20 September at test centre. I know I should trust postal system, but this time I did send reply back by registered post just to make sure it reached council in time! Good luck to all children, hopefully they have all had a good break over the summer (what summer?).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now