Woodford county 2020 entry waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
eng9

Woodford county 2020 entry waiting list

Post by eng9 »

My dd is on waiting list for WCHS (in top 15). Waiting list has moved by only 4 since March. I find it hard to believe because in past 5 years, waiting list used to move by at-least 20 positions but this year that number is only 4.

what could be the reason?

Does anyone know if there are any no-shows in 2020 class this week? will appreciate help from current parents as otherwise I am not getting much information from the redbridge admissions.
ToadMum

Re: Woodford county 2020 entry waiting list

Post by ToadMum »

One reason might be fewer people who have had their DD sit for both state and indie entrance exams opting to take up the indie place, due to financial insecurity? Or more people this year who have got WCHS had it as their genuine first preference? Or more deciding to hang on to the WCHS place, even if a place comes up at a state school they ranked higher on their CAF (CCHS / CCHSG / HBS etc), because they are concerned about the transport options?

(Fewer people deciding to make their DC do 90-odd mile round trips to Colchester every day can only be a good thing, tbh, but that's another issue).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Pdy

Post by Pdy »

A quick note to let you know that my daughter received her offer letter from WCHS yesterday. On NOD, she was number 8 on the w/l. Good luck to you all! Best wishes!
S&E Mum

Post by S&E Mum »

Congratulations, thank you for your important information. Are you DD still in waitinglist? Because that only moved 5 since March, if you DD got offer, does that mean they did not update the waitinglist?
Pdy

Post by Pdy »

Thank you! She came off the w/l on Tuesday 8th September. I believe there is usually a time lag, before the positions get updated though. We got an e-mail from WCHS on Thursday and the offer from Redbridge on Friday afternoon. Good luck to you all!
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

A girl has left Woodford as she has been offered a place at Henrietta Barnett so expect movement on the waiting list. My daughter is really enjoying her time at the school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now