Shropshire, Wolverhampton and Walsall consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SheepSheep

Shropshire, Wolverhampton and Walsall consortium

Post by SheepSheep »

When should we expect to get the results of the test? Has anyone heard if we will find out before the 31st October, in time for high school applications?
SH031

Re: Shropshire, Wolverhampton and Walsall consortium

Post by SH031 »

On their website it saying they will be posting on the 26th. I would not be surprised if we do not find out until after the 31st. For the test I had my letter notifying the date very late.
SheepSheep

Post by SheepSheep »

SH031 wrote:On their website it saying they will be posting on the 26th. I would not be surprised if we do not find out until after the 31st. For the test I had my letter notifying the date very late.
Crikey, this will be cutting it fine won’t it?!
Might have to wing it then :roll:
round2

Post by round2 »

Hi, there is an update on the QM website which confirms that the results will be posted First Class on 23rd and we should receive them either on 24th or 26th. There are also a few Q&A to clarify what can be done if results are not received by Monday 26th.

Good luck to everyone waiting.
SH031

Post by SH031 »

It's good they are coming a bit early. You would have thought that email would save a few hundred pound in postage. Having said that I received a glossy broshure from Wolverhampton high school. I assume that they send to all so that must cost a lot as well.
SheepSheep

Post by SheepSheep »

SH031 wrote:It's good they are coming a bit early. You would have thought that email would save a few hundred pound in postage. Having said that I received a glossy broshure from Wolverhampton high school. I assume that they send to all so that must cost a lot as well.
Yes I’ve received that today! It’s a shame as the public transport to Wolverhampton is rubbish for us!
SheepSheep

Post by SheepSheep »

Does anyone know the cut off scores for the consortium’s schools for 2020?
2016hoping

Post by 2016hoping »

Just been on the WGHS Live Event and they've advised that they will be getting the scores back in the next couple of days and have a view to send out the notification letters with DD scores on Friday 23rd October, so should given our postal speed we'll hopefully be getting the letters by Monday or Tuesday latest.

Head Teacher advised PP qualifying score for September 2020 also confirmed as being 311, but no confirmation yet of PP score for September 2021 intake.

In terms of non-PP score, they haven't stated, but will advise on the letter what the highest and lowest scores were for this exam, as well previous years. They will also give an average last score for entry based on the previous 4-5 years but caveated that with the advice that there's more places available for September 2020 intake than in previous years (180 vs 145).

Also confirmed around 1300 girls sat the exam and had indicated a preference for WGHS when they made the initial request to sit the test.
SheepSheep

Post by SheepSheep »

Results are in!
I’ve started a new post for results.
Good luck everyone!!!