Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cheltdad

Re: Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Post by cheltdad »

Polgara_Glos wrote:Yes it was and it was great. But I thought the Head of Year and his son made me understand the school site and layout a bit more in the video they did during lockdown.
Yes, there was a better quick walk round the school in that one - it's gone off the youtube page, but it's still on the Facebook one:

https://www.facebook.com/cryptschool/vi ... 975177391/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that helps for anyone that missed it.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Anyone else twiddling thumbs wondering what to do now they don’t need to shout ‘have you done a 10 min test today? DC is more than happy with their iPad time today :lol:
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

So much iPad time this weekend! :D Just so relieved to finally have it done and dusted. I think we’re more or less agreed on the application order now too, so will submit the application and forget about it.
Leahdon

Post by Leahdon »

Eviewin wrote:. I think we’re more or less agreed on the application order now too, so will submit the application and forget about it.
Still debating... 3 grammars (still arguing as to the order but as I put in the form and DC and I agree, hubby is obviously wrong), one comp and a gap ... or should we put in a second comp that we really don't want DC to go to even though it has better results but the wrong ... personality for DC?
cazien

Post by cazien »

Leahdon wrote:
Eviewin wrote:. I think we’re more or less agreed on the application order now too, so will submit the application and forget about it.
Still debating... 3 grammars (still arguing as to the order but as I put in the form and DC and I agree, hubby is obviously wrong), one comp and a gap ... or should we put in a second comp that we really don't want DC to go to even though it has better results but the wrong ... personality for DC?
Personally I would advise everyone to fill in all options. As much as we hope our DC's qualify for a grammar, if they don't you are relying on them being allocated the one comp of your choice. If that comp is oversubscribed, you risk your child being allocated a place of the Councils choice - which could be anywhere :!:
Leahdon

Post by Leahdon »

cazien wrote:
Leahdon wrote:
Personally I would advise everyone to fill in all options. As much as we hope our DC's qualify for a grammar, if they don't you are relying on them being allocated the one comp of your choice. If that comp is oversubscribed, you risk your child being allocated a place of the Councils choice - which could be anywhere :!:
Yes thanks Cazien... the comp we want is usually under-subscribed so we should be safe... but obviously things change each year so you're right we probably should put our second choice even if we really don't want that one.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Submitted CAF :shock:

DC is still dithering a bit over top two. Hoping when they see the email that it's submitted they either go 'Ok' or 'Erm'!
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Ohhh congrats!
I keep worrying we’ve made the wrong choice. I’ll be glad once the 31st passes so temptation has gone to be able to change it!
Also how is it not even a week post grammar test, time is completely on the go slow :(
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I've submitted the application, but there's every chance it may change.
Future, I agree about the test, it's been completely forgotten about in our house, apart from by me. I'm close to counting down the days...I probably would be if we had a definite date :lol: I'm currently struggling to explain to my SO that we won't actually know what school DD will be attending until March, (Unless she's done exceptionally well).
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

It's a good thing we've got here to obsess about it for the next 6 weeks :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now